• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food for an Indian Ringneck

Mo Amjad

Meeting neighbors
Hello, I was wondering if I can feed my Indian ringneck conure/lovebird seeds?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My IRN eats cockatiel mix, no sunflower seeds, lots or fresh bird safe fruits and vegetables, millet, Pistachios, scrambled eggs, raw pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, and a teeny bit of cooked chicken, no skin, no bones.

Mo Amjad

Meeting neighbors
My IRN eats cockatiel mix, no sunflower seeds, lots or fresh bird safe fruits and vegetables, millet, Pistachios, scrambled eggs, raw pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, and a teeny bit of cooked chicken, no skin, no bones.
Ah ok. I was thinking cockatiel food is too small for ringnecks so i bought Conure food and don't think I forgot about vegetables/fruits I give my guy daily bell peppers with fruits and also Okra with fruits. I also give him other things like eggs, etc. Occasionally I give him cooked meat and rice.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Hello, I was wondering if I can feed my Indian ringneck conure/lovebird seeds?
I feed mine parrot food harrisons low sunflower seed as it has a mixture of dried fruit and nuts so is beneficial but my Indian ringneck has been eating this diet and eats most of the mixture. If that's what your Indian ringneck eats than feed him that besides you feed him a varied diet which is beneficial and he should be getting fresh fruits and vegtables daily. Try to give more vegetables than fruit as fruit is mostly very watery and packed with sugar but giving a variety is good.