• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food diaries for the weaning

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Today was my babies first time accepting the food I offered after looking at me crazy for 2 days. Sooo proud!

What they picked on :
Mashed zucchini, carrots, yam, baby gem lettuce, and a single blueberry (I asked my mom to buy sweet potato and she went to the Asian market and came back with yam haha that’s fine)

How I did it :
Fed them formula, when they were about 3/4 of the way done and getting distracted, I switched to putting the mash with some hot water and spoon fed them. They went for it without even realizing it wasn’t formula but after a few seconds, went for more. I offered all 3 mashes on my hand, my Wally kept going for yam only. He’s ready to pick. She didn’t care what she got as long as you spoon fed it to her and she seem to enjoy it smoother with more liquid. He was happy to pick on it dry. They were very vocal the whole time. I put about a teaspoon of eat in a bowl and put it in their tank which is the first time they’ve had free food and even looked at a food bowl haha. Eva wouldn’t touch the blueberry but Wally tried to break through a pretty large one and it was funny to watch him struggle to poke through. Ahhhh babies. Gave them another few spoons of formula as their crops weren’t quite full yet.

The winner for the day? Boiled yam! Thanks everyone for your input from current and previous posts! Love this forum! Hoping these new foods will satisfy them and enrich them as far as boredom, enough to get some sleep and get interest in some toys. They were up at 4AM asking for food after a midnight feeding.

What is in the chop you are offering your weaning babies? Share :)