• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food conversion affecting behavior?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If you are struggling to weigh her, maybe it is worth investing in one of those scales with the perch attached... or making one somehow.
Though if she takes food nicely from you, you may eventually be able to coax her onto the scale plate, and hold the millet in front of her so she can eat while you read the scales.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
If you are struggling to weigh her, maybe it is worth investing in one of those scales with the perch attached... or making one somehow.
Though if she takes food nicely from you, you may eventually be able to coax her onto the scale plate, and hold the millet in front of her so she can eat while you read the scales.
The struggles is to get her to leave the cage recently so thats why I was thinking about putting her food on the scale to entice her to come out of the cage and get on the scale. After I get here weight I could just let her make the choice if she wants to stay out or go back in.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
P.s today I was able to get her to the store I got her from for a nail trim only and they re-took the DNA test. While there she heard the other birds of course and she went nuts! She was calling to them at the top of her little lungs. I felt so bad :(