• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

food bowl fun

snoepgoed123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Archy has this habit of throwing his food bowl around, don't know why he's doing it, but he does it. Sometimes he does it right away, sometimes the bowl stays there for an hour. I don't know if its to show he's done, or if he's just excited to make a big bang. I'm happy he's having his fun, but is there any way to stop him from doing it, like if i'm gone the whole day and i want to leave some dry mix out for him, chances are it's only gonna last for half hour tops before he flings the bowl off. I do wanna utilize the feed doors that he has. The water bowl he has is bolted on but I can't use that feed door anymore... but making sure he stays hydrated is much more important.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
You definitely need to get some bowls that stay bolted to the cage somehow...that would be the only way.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph used to amuse himself by pulling the food dish out of its retainer ring and dumping its contents all over the floor. :eek: I had to switch to one of the Quik-Lok type food dishes that locks into the retainer bracket, which attaches to the cage bars. After I first made the switch, Ralph decided to upend the water dish instead, getting himself soaked in the process. He never did that again. :D

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My baby Mac threw his around then I used one that bolted down and I haven't had nearly the mess I did before. I think it is important for a bird to have food and water throughout the day.