• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fond remembrances of Piper

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Here's a funny little story about Piper from when he first came home. This was from a poster on the old Tiel Talk board.
I laughed so hard I nearly passed out!!!!
Posted by Lozzie on 03/22/07 at 08:55am
Justin had an incredibly blonde moment just now (I'm blonde too so I can say that hee hee) and I've never laughed so hard!! (not a good idea when your lungs are infected, believe me!)
We were talking about tiel talk. Justin was really keen and wanted to see how many tiels and their owners I could remember off the top of my head. I listed a few, giving what background story I could remember. I got to Mark and Da Boyz and said that if I remembered correctly, Piper was a rescue tiel.
Justin took a breath: "Wow."
I looked at him a bit strangely and said "What?"
Justin: "That's incredible."
Me: "Um, what is?"
In this next bit, he was dead serious.
Justin: "I'd heard of carrier pigeons, but NEVER a rescue bird! And a cockatiel! That's amazing! How do they train them and what do they rescue?"
I promptly fell on the floor in stitches.
This is not a joke, he actually thought that they trained cockatiels to go out and rescue things.
(Justin was very embarrassed when I told him the reality, but said if you guys would get a laugh out of it, it would be worth posting it.)

The picture was photoshopped by a board member because the floof under Piper's beak looked like a beard.

Pipersbeardpipemonocle.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Good one!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:rofl: That’s funny! I bet he would have if he could. What a cutie he was:heart:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's an amazing story! :heart: