• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Follow up on Phoenix

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
Since my first cockatiel was so obsessed with one of the English budgie females for 1.5 years!!! She has a mate and he keeps them apart when he can. I finally came up with a plan to break it. I put all four cockatiels in a cage in a separate room and I do not let them out so they are forced to bond with each other all of them. Even though Phoenix is still acting a little crazy and walking around too fast.. he is gradually starting to mix with them. I am beyond happy because I want to bring him back to a normal life again and where he it has not lost himself in his obsession. They’ve been together now for a week and I can tell he is starting to bond with them a slight bit. I’m going to take it as long as it needs until they all feel bonded with each other. Poor Phoenix (the obcessed) had lost his life to just being obsessed, so drastic measures are called for. Phoenix is on the top left so he has stepped away from constantly being ob the green perch. This is good. Thank you all for your help!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How big is the cage? Can’t you let them out all in a room together too?