• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Follow up on baby Mangito

BossWizard97

Moving in
Fed mangito this morning and he seems to be fine if not alittle inactive which is normal I guess most birds get real quiet and sit around when they first go to a new place. I was alittle worried because hes been sleeping alot almost all morning after i fed him and then again after his afternoon meal. but his poop looks good and theres no weird discharge or labored breathing. Didnt expect him to be sleeping this much though. Can someone please confirm if this is normal behaviour for a baby his age who is getting used to his new home? I know im probably overly paranoid though. this picture is early this morning right after a big meal. He fell asleep in my hand. IMG_20190828_090727.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Adorable!

Yes, sleeping is normal for a chick/young bird - especially after a feed or play time. Mine would eat their formula, then sit on me and snack real food, then snuggle into the nook of my neck for a snooze.

Remember to take him to get registered at the vet once he is settled in :)

BossWizard97

Moving in
Adorable!

Yes, sleeping is normal for a chick/young bird - especially after a feed or play time. Mine would eat their formula, then sit on me and snack real food, then snuggle into the nook of my neck for a snooze.

Remember to take him to get registered at the vet once he is settled in :)
thank you Zara!

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
He is still young. All babies do is eat, sleep, beg and poop. As they get older they'll be more active, and be more adventurous. I'd give it a few more weeks or at least till all the black on the beak to vanish before he becomes more adventurous.

Duel

Walking the driveway
I remember when my lovebird was 3-4 months old he would frequently take naps on my shoulder leaning on my neck while I was on my laptop and this was happening around 3 times a day when I had him out for long periods of time so I'd say it's normal and that you're bonding well for him to be comfortable sleeping on you.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Beeper the very young female house finch we saved from a crow would fall asleep for quite a while happily till the food processed and she started getting hungry again. As she got older she stayed awake longer, pecking at finch food, and demanded feeding less and less as she self weaned. Sometimes she'd still do the baby bird scream and wing wiggle if she saw something she really wanted to have. I think your little guy is just fine so keep doing what you're doing.