• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flying!

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Yoshi has recently being molting and getting in new flight feathers! He’s still nervous about taking longer flights but is right on my shoulder if I dare try to leave the room! And has quickly learnt how to fly straight down in order to try to steal my food :cautious:.

I have noticed a huge change in him now he can fly. He has been ten times more confident, willing to explore places he has never tried to before, meet and interact with humans besides me and generally being way happier.

Also his new feathers seem to be glowing!

1579695919607.jpeg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:heart::heart: Yoshi is such a beauty! Being a gcc mom though, I'm just a little, tiny bit biased in their favour. Now that you have an independent flying mini velociraptor in your home you'll definitely be kept busy.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It's heartwarming and amazing to watch a bird gain (or regain) the ability to fly.

Titan was clipped for the first few years of his life..then we wised up and let him fly again. He would fly, but he preferred to have his human slaves carry him....;)

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
It is such a treat when they start flying. Like SandraK, I am bias as all four of mine are GCCs. I love their temperament, most of the time. :joyful:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
has quickly learnt how to fly straight down in order to try to steal my food :cautious:.
:lol: Maks is also zipping all over but I know better than to take a plate of food into the pigeon room.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
:bliss::cheer:Fly, Fly, Fly Yoshi!!!! Congrats!!

He would fly, but he preferred to have his human slaves carry him....
This is Jenks if he is being lazy. He will say "on your bowl" sometimes if he wants me to take him to his treat bowl. He will keep saying it over and over until I either take him to his bowl or put him down to make him fly. When I tell him to just fly to it I get the look. You know the look I am talking about. :cautious: He does a new one now too. He will hop down on the floor to forage or play on different things. Instead of flying back up to the couch, to me, or anywhere else he now will stand on my foot and wait for me to raise my leg up level with the ground so that he can walk up my leg to my lap. We call it his elevator ride. I couldn't stop laughing the first time he did it. He just hopped on my foot and looked at me like well get me up there will ya. :rofl:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
:heart::heart: Yoshi is such a beauty! Being a gcc mom though, I'm just a little, tiny bit biased in their favour. Now that you have an independent flying mini velociraptor in your home you'll definitely be kept busy.
It is such a treat when they start flying. Like SandraK, I am bias as all four of mine are GCCs. I love their temperament, most of the time. :joyful:
A well deserved bias, I mean how could you resist those little faces? :xflove: :heart::embarassed:

It's heartwarming and amazing to watch a bird gain (or regain) the ability to fly.

Titan was clipped for the first few years of his life..then we wised up and let him fly again. He would fly, but he preferred to have his human slaves carry him....;)
:bliss::cheer:Fly, Fly, Fly Yoshi!!!! Congrats!!

This is Jenks if he is being lazy. He will say "on your bowl" sometimes if he wants me to take him to his treat bowl. He will keep saying it over and over until I either take him to his bowl or put him down to make him fly. When I tell him to just fly to it I get the look. You know the look I am talking about. :cautious: He does a new one now too. He will hop down on the floor to forage or play on different things. Instead of flying back up to the couch, to me, or anywhere else he now will stand on my foot and wait for me to raise my leg up level with the ground so that he can walk up my leg to my lap. We call it his elevator ride. I couldn't stop laughing the first time he did it. He just hopped on my foot and looked at me like well get me up there will ya. :rofl:
:lol:

:lol: Maks is also zipping all over but I know better than to take a plate of food into the pigeon room.
With all your conures I wonder how long that food would last :hehe:.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Congrats on the flights! That is super exciting.

Poptart was clipped for his first year or so of life. It amazed me how naturally he picked it up... I was expecting to do flight training exercises with him to help him gain muscle and confidence. He is flying like he's done it his whole life. I'm a proud mama! Plus Poptart isn't very interested in being handled often and it's SO much easier for him to say "No thank you," than when he couldn't fly :). Better communication.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Another new member for the Flying Ace Club :airplane: Congrats Yoshi! :starshower1: