• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flying with parrot

Taylor Zaugg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
My eclectus was registered as an emotional support animal, and has tags and a flight suit stating he is an ESA. I'm flying to California two times this summer. July 12-17 and august.
Anyone here ever flew with there bird? He's be with me in my seat. I have a bird traveling backpack.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you have to check with the specific airline you are flying on. I believe each airline has it's own requirements.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
When I have flown, I used a plastic crate that met the airline requirements and fit under the seat. You can easily install a perch by drilling a couple holes in the sides of the crate. Take along a fleece or towel to cover her. The floor of airplanes tends to get chilly. I also take along some treats in case they get antsy and noisy. Being an ESA, I'm not sure how that works as far as having them out of a carrier but would assume she'd have to be in her flight suit, etc. I would call and speak with your airline's customer service to confirm all of your questions! Have a safe trip!

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
I would think it would be up to the specific airlines as to how they would proceed. I have never flown with my bird(s) so I unfortunately cant give you any advice from experience.