• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly babies avairy Quaker parrot

QuakerYosh

Moving in
So I purchased 2 Quaker parrots a blue Quaker and a green Quaker from fly babies aviary they say the birds will ship this Monday but I'm worried about the tempeture and shipping cause I don't want them to die of heat stroke or exhaustion. Please anyone give some guidance on this matter.

And I also ordered a African grey parrot from the finch farm and wanted to know a good avian vet in the Austin Texas area it will be arriving via commercial airline in 2-8 weeks is what it says and I am worried about the health of it so I wanted to take it to the vet right away after getting the bird

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

QuakerYosh

Moving in
Huh? I'm worried about the tempeture I keep checking to make sure it's not too hot when they ship them I don't want them dieing I've seen reviews saying that they died when they got there a I think it's tempeture related so don't want them dieing. I spent 1000$ so they better not die that's why I've been trying to figure out if it'll be safe to ship.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have never heard of the first aviary, however this thread is about the Finch Farm: The Finch Farm .

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bump is a way of moving your thread to the top of the unread posts to hopefully get you more responses :)

This is probably some of the best time of year for flying for birds as it is not super hot and not super cold. A direct flight is best as it reduces the travel time and time on the tarmac between flights

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
As I said in another thread there are two avian vets in Austin Texas one in North Austin one in south Austin I do not remember the name of the clinics but if you do a little research on the Internet you should be able to find them