• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Fluid Filled Cyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
glad to hear she is doing ok..she is certainly a beauty...and yes, the University of Guelph is the best.

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
I am happy it seems to be ok with no sign of cancer...you don't want to go through that for sure. Just make sure you keep a close eye on it...these things can change so quickly.

BTW she is so beautiful....I adore amazons big time and miss mine that passed away five years ago....Betty reminds me of Max:)
So sorry to hear about Max....How old was he and how did he pass??

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
glad to hear she is doing ok..she is certainly a beauty...and yes, the University of Guelph is the best.
Thanks Anne & Gang.....Just like I told Dolly she is back to her old cranky self.....:dancing: It is just good to see her breathing okay....

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
So sorry to hear about Max....How old was he and how did he pass??
He was about twenty....he was a rehome and we had him maybe five or six years. He was amazingly sweet and trusting. Went to anyone and he loved to snuggle. He had been having issues with his foot, it curled under and he couldn't really grip well...started with that. He also had a cyst on his eye twice...they were removed surgically. He saw the vet twice yearly do to his many health issues....well it happened one day suddenly...rushed to vet...his liver ruptured. It was terrible. I was there with him and won't forget those last moments. I have never cried so hard....broke my heart that I couldn't save him:(

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors

He was about twenty....he was a rehome and we had him maybe five or six years. He was amazingly sweet and trusting. Went to anyone and he loved to snuggle. He had been having issues with his foot, it curled under and he couldn't really grip well...started with that. He also had a cyst on his eye twice...they were removed surgically. He saw the vet twice yearly do to his many health issues....well it happened one day suddenly...rushed to vet...his liver ruptured. It was terrible. I was there with him and won't forget those last moments. I have never cried so hard....broke my heart that I couldn't save him:(
Well Leslie, just remember this...You gave him his BEST forever home....WOW...he sounded like such a cool dude....It is the hardest to be there when any animal passes...I had a 17 year old Dashchund that died in my lap...it was so hard cried like crazy but also nice knowing that I was there to say good-bye and hold him....

The only person Betty snuggles with is hubby....she LOVES my head rubs....I had birds before I met her....:D

Thanks for sharing.....

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Thanks for the kind words:) Funny I used to always say to him, Max you and Momma are gonna be sitting in an old rocking chair together one day.....but it never will happen:( Life is full of twists and curves to throw off our big plan, I guess.

Sorry about your puppy, I just had to say good bye to my 17 year old lab this May....so hard.

I am glad Betty snuggles with hubby.....we need to see some pics! I smile every time I think of her name:D Too cute.

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for the kind words:) Funny I used to always say to him, Max you and Momma are gonna be sitting in an old rocking chair together one day.....but it never will happen:( Life is full of twists and curves to throw off our big plan, I guess.

Sorry about your puppy, I just had to say good bye to my 17 year old lab this May....so hard.

I am glad Betty snuggles with hubby.....we need to see some pics! I smile every time I think of her name:D Too cute.
Funny story, 5 years ago Betty was actually Barney...she LOVES boxes and we had a HUGE tunnel of a box that had another box inside of it. Long story short I did not know that there was a nylon strapping inside the box she lost a nail and while taking care of that we did some lab work and found out he had to much calicum....;)

BettyEating 003.JPG BettyEating 015.JPG

These two pics where taken 2 days before her last tapping.....she loves to eat with us at the dining room table....we had to teach her that she had her own food.....it was
so funny at the start....

Hope you enjoy....

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Leslie, you can still snuggle with Max every day in your rocking chair. Simply remember. That is the only way I am handling missing Diva. Remembering all those hours we spent together when she was being syringe fed, all the games we played with hide and seek, and finally, all those scritches she got hour after hour while she lay on my chest when she was paralyzed. Remember and rejoyce in having had her in my life.

I am glad to hear the ascites may not be ascites at all; it may just be a filling cyst. That would be so wonderful!

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
Just an update on Betty.......we had to tap her again today and this time he found a very small lump.....
We have made an appointment at the University of Guelph for Tuesday we were able to get in pretty
quick......It is going to be a VERY LONG weekend.....

Has anyone heard of a benign lumps in any type of Parrot?????

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wishing you the best, and sending good positive energy.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Just seeing the new update. I wish it was better news. :( Will be keeping Betty in my prayers and thoughts. :sadhug:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Dozer my grey cheek had a lump on his neck...it was slowly growing, but taps showed no cancer. My vet at U of Penn said it could still be cancer though. We kept a close eye on it. Many months later he was straining to poop...it got worse. We started to consider procedures to do....very risky for many as he was older, 20 years old....well, things got worse Quicky. I rushed him to Penn where he was put in oxygen, given fluids and stayed overnight. He passed the next morning. That fast. The necropsy showed cloacal cancer that spread to his lungs, kidneys, etc...he had kidney failure and passed peacefully she said. It was terrible though, I had him all his life.

Sorry this is not good news for you, but I want you to know that even if you think it is benign, it could be something else...just be prepared.

Betty is soooo lucky to have you. I am so sorry she needed another tap but I know you will continue to give her the best care and love....:hug8:

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
Sorry this is not good news for you, but I want you to know that even if you think it is benign, it could be something else...just be prepared.

Betty is soooo lucky to have you. I am so sorry she needed another tap but I know you will continue to give her the best care and love....:hug8:

Thanks Birdlady for the positive energy and all of the hugss!!!!!!!!! She is doing great....she looks good and is eating very well and pooping very good and breathing very good......

We are right on top of things and I know with 100% knowledge that the University of Guelph will do what =ever it takes to take care of Betty.....

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Prayers for Betty. There are some great vets at University of Guelph ... I know a few people that work there. I'll be praying that they will be able to help Betty. :hug8:

Ariahna

Sprinting down the street
I sure hope Betty continues to do well. It sounds like she is a real trooper and fighter. She is in my thoughts and prayers. :hug8::hug8:

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
I sure hope Betty continues to do well. It sounds like she is a real trooper and fighter. She is in my thoughts and prayers. :hug8::hug8:
Thanks Ariahna.......Yes you are so right Betty is a trooper.....My husabnd and I both say that we wonder how many lives does a Parrot really have......she flew away and we got her back she lost a toe nail and it is all better now......and this...well we do know that she is a fighter....thanks for the thoughts and prayers......:highfive:

Green45Eyes

Meeting neighbors
Prayers for Betty. There are some great vets at University of Guelph ... I know a few people that work there. I'll be praying that they will be able to help Betty. :hug8:
Thanks Izver, Betty Thanks you too....I am very happy that we are going to UOG because there are very good vets there.....

I would like to know how the first visit at UOG goes? Not sure what to look for....just wanting some info ahead of time. Will they figure out a plan of action on that day??:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.