• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flower essences

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
Does anyone have experience of using flower essences with their parrot that they can share with me?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
As in essential oils?

Edit: I googled it and see it is flowers in water?
I have heard of people using safe flowers that have been dried for their birds (it’s pretty common) but I’ve not heard of people using flower essences

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Like Hydrosols or floral water? I don't have experience with birds but have used them for my baby. They are much less potent and water soluble, so in theory should be safer. However I don't have anything to back that y hypothesis up.

CrazyKozmo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
I have a book on the Bach's Flower Essences. It seems interesting, similar to homeopathy. The only way I've been able to find the single flower essence (this was years ago and don't remember what internet site I found individuals) was in an alcohol base....Not safe for birds!! Don't give your birds anything with alcohol in it. But Amazon.com carries Bach's Rescue Remedy for Pets...which is in a glycerin base and safe for birds. I put it in their water. Not sure if it calms them down.....I have 2 caiques and one has really high energy.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohh rescue remedy... I have had that numerous times and I really honestly do not think it did anything at all- my aunt used to make me take it all the time but I never knew it was flower essence.

Blueberry

Real Name
Lulu
I’m finding the same thing with alcohol based flower essences. A lot of information I finding is just repeated or is from a few years ago. I’m sure there are safe ones out there because for pets and children they use the glycerin for a base. I prefer organic too but again I’m just not finding anything :/. Was the Bach flower essence book helpful to you? I have the Holistic Bird book and that’s where I began reading about the benefits of flowers and their essences.

CrazyKozmo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
The book is titled "Flower Essence Repertory" by Patricia Kaminski and Richard Katz from 2000. It is interesting, but fails to give a source for glycerin based products. There are 2 websites that I had written down on the inside cover that might be worth checking out: feelbach.com and iherb.com
Flower essences have been around for a long time. It might be worth researching how to diy flower essences.

Blueberry

Real Name
Lulu
The book is titled "Flower Essence Repertory" by Patricia Kaminski and Richard Katz from 2000. It is interesting, but fails to give a source for glycerin based products. There are 2 websites that I had written down on the inside cover that might be worth checking out: feelbach.com and iherb.com
Flower essences have been around for a long time. It might be worth researching how to diy flower essences.
Thank you!