• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flock talk

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's been two months Pestaa and inca are interacting. Now inca has uttering his learnt words less and less:(. Both of them chit chat but in their own language ( not that I'm unhappy, my purpose of bringing a hahns was making inca happy). So till now, the result is instead of teaching Pestaa how to talk, inca is unlearning his mimicry:lol:.
I'm just curious, how your flocks talk. When multiple birds are in a house hold, do they still mimic human sounds?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Interesting, I read recently that some African greys start talking less when introduced to other greys. Does Inca talk a lot? Just curious:) Out of mine the previous owners of the conures said they talked but I was a little sceptical and they never say anything here but Orion does mumble a lot and knows a couple words. He lived with 2 blue and golds and previously 3 other Illigers and sun conures, that’s when he learned some of his human talk. He does say more now but I think it’s because previously he was left in aviary and now he lives in a home and hears a lot more human speech. We do plan on adding another medium to large bird later but for now Orion is not interested in the other birds in the slightest.
My lovebirds do learn each others vocalisations, one of my budgies even does the fischers lovebird call! I don’t think there is a way to tell what sounds or words they may pick up. It could be they are starting to get to know each other and later Inca will pick up on his human speech again.

@jmfleish has A very large flock

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think you're right. As far as inca is concerned, he's always more interested in copying other birds call. He can mimic human sounds but with moderate accuracy. Yesterday I heard him uttering Pestaa's grunt :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Neither of my current birds talk; Ripley mostly whistles and Bosco has started mimicking one of his whistles I think.

When I had Jingo and Koopa, Jingo kept learning new human words even though Koopa and him were best buds.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Neither of my current birds talk; Ripley mostly whistles and Bosco has started mimicking one of his whistles I think.

When I had Jingo and Koopa, Jingo kept learning new human words even though Koopa and him were best buds.
And what about gizmo? I have heard hahns are great talkers, but Pestaa doesn't show any interest, yet! :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
And what about gizmo? I have heard hahns are great talkers, but Pestaa doesn't show any interest, yet! :lol:
Gizmo didn't say many human words. She basically said Gizmo :lol:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
All three of my birds make sounds and 2 of them talk ...it is somthing when they all get going around supper time we normally get singing from Rheanerya and talking from Tyrion and calling from Lagatha ..it makes for the most interesting dinner conversation :cool:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
My hahns, Senegal, and Galah all talk some. Guiseppe my Hahn's says a few words and makes "parrot syllables". These are parrot gruntings and squawkings but in a cadence as in saying a sentence. Russell my Galah says a few more words but his favorites are Hi, night night night, oops, Hi Russ, and Hi Guiseppe. Jason my Senegal is by far the best talker. He says more words and phrases and says them clearer. My 2 cockatiel girls mainly squeak and squawk with chirping thrown in. A couple of times I thought I heard one or the other of them say Hi. But that could have been one of the boys.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My hahns, Senegal, and Galah all talk some. Guiseppe my Hahn's says a few words and makes "parrot syllables". These are parrot gruntings and squawkings but in a cadence as in saying a sentence. Russell my Galah says a few more words but his favorites are Hi, night night night, oops, Hi Russ, and Hi Guiseppe. Jason my Senegal is by far the best talker. He says more words and phrases and says them clearer. My 2 cockatiel girls mainly squeak and squawk with chirping thrown in. A couple of times I thought I heard one or the other of them say Hi. But that could have been one of the boys.
Hahaha...a video pleeeeez