• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flock Calling/Screaming Advice?

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hi all,

Our 11 yo F BH has gradually developed a habit over the past couple of years to flock-call and scream for my partner each morning. Interestingly, she does it only when she sees him - not when he's in another room (or if she can hear him talking in another room). It's that classic, ear splitting Pionus KACK-KACK-KACK and really is the worst, lol. If he's not home, she's a quiet bird, just chirps and soft squeaks. She tends to stop after an hour or two each morning of screaming intermittently. She doesn't scream if he's holding her, or if she's off her cage at all. She's flighted, so the issue is not that she wants to get to him - often she'll avoid him if he comes to greet her. Responding back doesn't seem to help. Really the only thing that helps are giving her a bath or forcing her off the cage to go chill somewhere else. It gets much worse when she's hormonal. It really started after my partner was gone for 3 weeks; she started screaming for him every morning, and since then it's become a habit. Any ideas what might be triggering the behavior now, and how to curb it? So far we've just been using ear plugs and ignoring it, but we've got a new baby on the way, so if we could reduce her screaming even a fraction that would be great.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
1st tip ignore the screaming whenever she screams everyone should go to thier room and close the door wait for 10 secs of quit come out and reward
2nd tip most of us reward screaming by coming over to the bird and telling it to be quit while when its quit we forget that it exists and dont give it any attention

3rd tip let birds be birds we all know birds are one of if not the most noiseiest pets u can own

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
1st tip ignore the screaming whenever she screams everyone should go to thier room and close the door wait for 10 secs of quit come out and reward
2nd tip most of us reward screaming by coming over to the bird and telling it to be quit while when its quit we forget that it exists and dont give it any attention

3rd tip let birds be birds we all know birds are one of if not the most noiseiest pets u can own
This is an older thread. You may not get a reply.