• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight cages

MojoIRN

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah
Does wallpaper contain lead, I dont let my bird chew it and he doesnt swallow it he spits it out after. Should I be worried.
Is your wallpaper textured? I avoid textured as that is what used to attact mine. Not sure if contains lead but it does contain glue and potentially paint that even if not super toxic won't be healthy.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Is your wallpaper textured? I avoid textured as that is what used to attact mine. Not sure if contains lead but it does contain glue and potentially paint that even if not super toxic won't be healthy.
Nah it's not but I've stopped him from chewing on it and now I'm dealing with an angry Indian ringneck who's complaining because he can't get what he wants lol.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Also what material is best in terms if metal for the cage to be made from. And are the coated cages better or not.

MojoIRN

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah
Also what material is best in terms if metal for the cage to be made from. And are the coated cages better or not.
Zinc free but hard to fully know as you can only go on the company. Powder coated like Montana or Rainforest are better than Ferplast coated imo as more robust.

MojoIRN

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah
Nah it's not but I've stopped him from chewing on it and now I'm dealing with an angry Indian ringneck who's complaining because he can't get what he wants lol.
hahaha my IRN is like that he sulked for weeks as I took his rope away as he wouldn't stop chewing it!