• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flexible perch

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I recently found this online:

103765_600x600.jpg

It's a flexible perch which I think you can put together yourself, the pieces seem to connect together. The brand is Ferplast, the product is called Flex. I'm looking into ordering one but atm I can only see the smaller bird one (12cm). Plus I'm just on my phone in bed and can't be bothered to look properly :lol:

Anyone tried these out already?

Last edited:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Saw them in a video the other day. It looks interesting.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I came across these before, but decided not to buy them. If you pick some up, I´d love to know how you get on :)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I came across these before, but decided not to buy them. If you pick some up, I´d love to know how you get on :)
I'm considering getting the canary/budgie one, as it's the only one available!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My stepmom has these for her conure, I don't like them, but I think that is circumstancial. They are easy to clean because you can take them apart easily, the plastic does not stain or anything. You can shape them any way you like, they are sturdy and won't bend when used. I have actually never thought about getting some for myself, when they sound quite nice when I describe them :D

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My review: It came in the post today (speedily may I add!). It comes in small pieces that you can then assemble yourself.

20210201_184115.jpg
20210201_184441.jpg

Positives:
  • It's flexible but not flexible enough for a small bird to bend. It's kind of stiff at the joints.
  • It comes with plenty of pieces so you can make it long enough for most bird cages I know of.
  • You can get creative, but also make things fit round your cage.
  • Plastic means easy cleaning.
Negatives:
  • It does require some strength to push them together, so if you have particularly weak wrists or something you might want to ask for help.
  • I'm a bit unsure about the tiny gaps between each piece. It's a tight fit, so I don't think it's very likely, but I'm not 100% sure on it. I imagine vet tape could help though.
  • Not sure about plastic for birds? Anybody wanna offer any insights?
I'll let Jabel offer their assessment in due time :lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:popcorn2: Waiting for Jeff and Mabels approval...

For anyone else with a bird that gets so hormonal they shred cotton perches and boings within hours, this could be the answer for us!!

I´ve stopped giving cotton perches to Aldora (The Destroyer), and Lapis´ cotton perch is on it´s last leg.

How hard is the plastic please? Aldora can shred plastic if it´s not the super hard kind :ummmm:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aldora (The Destroyer),
How hard is the plastic please? Aldora can shred plastic if it´s not the super hard kind :ummmm:
Aldora is the kind of fierce independent woman we all aspire to be! :rofl:

I'd say it's really hard, you'd have to get a pair of pliers or something to try and bend them in anyway.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I had been concerned w/ the original picture-- thought the junctions were much closer together allowing toenails to 'catch' inbetween... but the latest closeup pic looks much better! Do those come in different sizes? Or a variety pack if you want different sizes in the same perch? Do they have END PIECES to attach to the cage bars? And cost?
ie-- now that I can see the junctions look OK, I better look these up for myself! :laughing4:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm a bit unsure about the tiny gaps between each piece. It's a tight fit, so I don't think it's very likely, but I'm not 100% sure on it. I imagine vet tape could help though.
I was wondering about that myself thinking maybe a nail/toe trap hazard. However, your suggestion about the vet wrap would deal with that.
I like the idea, I hope Jabel approve.