• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flaky budgie cere?

Moonstar12

Meeting neighbors
Hi, so I’ve already posted this on Healthy Highway but I thought I might get more input from this thread

————————————————————

Hi guys, I have two budgies, Kiwi (male - green) and Winter (female - blue) and I've noticed recently that they have flaky ceres. I know that the cere is supposed to look waxy and slight flaking is okay but I was wondering if this looks concerning to any of you? To me it seems as it is slightly peeling off.

96CE0C6F-6ACE-471F-8803-B1764E8FBADD.jpeg

649F2F89-8846-4762-932B-0419964F46E2.jpeg

I was wondering after you’ve seen this if it is anything to be concerned about and if so then could you suggest something? They seem to be really active, they fly around the room, eat well and I haven’t really seen any changes in their behaviour since I’ve spotted this but I’m still cautionary. If you could help then thank you! Also I haven’t put this on the other one but there is some slight flakiness/cracks on the side of their beaks. It doesn’t seem to look like it’s caused by an illness but I’m still not sure, if you want me to add some photos to check it out I wouldn’t mind! Thanks!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Moonstar12

Meeting neighbors
Typically the budgies beak does flake here and there. Right now Luke’s Beak is a tad flakey so it seems to be a normal thing for them
Okay, so it shouldn’t be something to worry about? Just wondering to see if there is anything I could/need to do.