• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First visit to the vet done!

Farfah

Walking the driveway
I’m happy to report that Nimbus and Hedwig had their first vet check up today and they have been declared healthy. However, the vet thinks I am still feeding too much seed so I need to work on transitioning to more pellets.

Also Nimbus is apparently Houdini. It took me about 15 minutes running around my condo to catch him and stick him in the carrier. I figured he would be tired by the time he got to the vet. But I was told that he escaped twice while the vet was handling him. He took a grand tour of the entire office and even escaped the net. The vet said this rarely happens loool. I’m kind of proud because I’ve been encouraging them to fly more.

When I took them home, Hedwig immediately went to the cage but Nimbus refused to go in and started dozing off on top of the cage. I put them to bed early since they had such an exciting day. I did notice that Nimbus has a slight bruise on his cere now but it appears to be quite minor. If it gets worse, I’ll need to call the vet again.

Thanks for everyone’s advice for modifying the carrier and getting them out of their cage!!

PNG image.png

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Glad all went well and they are healthy! :)

It took me about 15 minutes running around my condo to catch him and stick him in the carrier.
You might find it easier to get him from the cage. Once they are in the room it turns into a wild chicken race.

Farfah

Walking the driveway
Glad all went well and they are healthy! :)

You might find it easier to get him from the cage. Once they are in the room it turns into a wild chicken race.
Thanks Zara! That was the plan until he escaped while I was putting him in the carrier. Then the wild chicken race began! Good thing my condo is pretty small. Next time, I'll prob move them into the bathroom first.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'll prob move them into the bathroom first.
That´s a good idea. Just remember to close the loo and cover the mirror with paper first :)