• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First Vet Visit

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Someone got a clean bill of health and weighs 512 grams. The vet said he's definitely plucking, and to keep him m updated on if it's worsening, and to keep a diary of it. He also had tons of great advice to help our family dynamics, most of what you've all said. All in all, a good evening ! IMG_20191007_183712.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a face!! :swoon: So glad his visit went well.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a champ! Glad it went well!!! I must've missed your announcement. When did he sneak into your house & heart? Was he part of the rescue from the hoarder?

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Rain Bow Its been just over two weeks! He isn't from the hoarder, he's from the rescue where we got Tootie from! We weren't really looking to add a U2 to the family until the kids are older, but Kim from the rescue reached out and said she knows we've been dreaming of one, and she'd had him for almost a year and thought he'd be a good match for us. She's right! He had one family for 30 years and was well loved, so he's only got his normal U2 quirks, no major emotional damage, so we've only got to learn his personality, and teach him and the kids how to coexist. It's been an adventure! He's getting braver everyday, much to the horror of my baseboards! Haha Today's focus will be placing him on the playstand each time he wanders to the floor!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Yay good news. Oh ya ... Isabelle peeled a strip off my dinning table this morning. She's been in rare form lately. I even had a plexiglass tabletop custom cut . But she managed to strip off a sliver of wood under the edge of the table. The moment i turn my back she's into mischief. Thank goodness they don't climb down getting into trouble on the floor. It seems that's a trait U2s and M2s have. My Moluccan CoCo wouldn't saty on his perch, another thing they seem to enjoy is chasing after feet.
:facepalm::jawdrop1:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@Just-passn-thru When he ventured into the living room yesterday, we both grabbed a kid and put our shoes on! Thankfully, he steps up beautifully for me now! And he didn't hit the floor today, so that's a win! I'm still learning how to tell when he's crossed over from happy to over stimulated, so when he started hopping like a rabbit on the floor yesterday, we watched for a minute to see what he was planning, but ended his adventure for him.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A bunny Too! How nifty.

I don't have a Too but I can tell you they are just like a 3 yr old. To much quiet run for them as there's surely trouble under way!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Thankfully, he steps up beautifully for me now! And he didn't hit the floor today, so that's a win!
The step-up thats a great win ... you're both getting to know each other. You and Chipper will get into a routine and he'll get into the flow of family dynamics .
:pinklol3:

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
Sounds like he’s getting brave!

My umbrella will not walk on the floor much at all. He doesn’t like to. The other day he flew to the floor and I left him to walk around. I was standing in the kitchen watching him walk back and forth while yelling “Dad! Come here!” “Daaaad!.....What are you doing?”

He finally found me in the kitchen and made me pick him up. He’s not a fan of the floor.