• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First try on sprouted seeds :)

anurim

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone!
I have recently tried sprouting seeds for Finn, as I've been wanting to make his diet a little diverse. Now, I do have some questions that may be a little basic, but I just want to be sure. How do you store the seeds? Does it need to be a container with a lid, or not? Also, my seeds are still wet, and I'm thinking that may make a difference on how to store them. The other question I have is, how much time can the seeds be kept? My guess is a few days,
but I could be wrong. I'm pretty happy with how they came out! :D (there are more types of seeds in there, these just look the best haha)
d0cf3245-1252-4133-9864-31e5a28aa463.jpg

FeatherMan

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mitch
I don’t know for sure about sprouted seeds, but I cook sprouted beans sometimes, and you store those in a container of cold water in the fridge.

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
They look good!! I store my sprouted seeds in the container that I sprouted them in, lid on, no water in the container, in the fridge. I will rinse them every morning. They last about 4 days. I smell them every morning to make sure that they're not "off". I check to make sure they're not fuzzy (moldy). I've been feeding my flock sprouted seeds for breakfast daily for years and haven't had a problem with the sprouts using this routine.

anurim

Strolling the yard
They look good!! I store my sprouted seeds in the container that I sprouted them in, lid on, no water in the container, in the fridge. I will rinse them every morning. They last about 4 days. I smell them every morning to make sure that they're not "off". I check to make sure they're not fuzzy (moldy). I've been feeding my flock sprouted seeds for breakfast daily for years and haven't had a problem with the sprouts using this routine.
I don’t know for sure about sprouted seeds, but I cook sprouted beans sometimes, and you store those in a container of cold water in the fridge.
Thank you both! Very useful! <3

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
After the seeds are done sprouting, rinse them well and dry them off on paper towels. Then store them in the fridge for three days tops in a covered container.