• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First impressions

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
FINALLY got a chance to hold a Caique. Not a BHC, but beggars can't be choosers. Only got a minute or two to hang out with him as this was at the bird fair this past weekend in Raleigh, but still very happy. I have been researching them for what feels like an eternity and with the exception of seeing one briefly in person at the vet, I had yet to meet one properly in person. Wish I had some more time to play with him. Would have LOVED a chance to see him roll around on the floor, hop around, or play with some foot toys. The good news is, he belongs to one the local bird club members. I just need to show up to the meetings more often and maybe I will get a chance again. For now though, my dreams of getting a Caique are on hold. Now with Lada in the picture, I have a full house.

MVIMG_20180526_134044.jpg

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cool! I was going to get a caique but fate decided otherwise :D

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I think Caiques are super fun birds. Just a couple of minutes doesn't say it. You need to spend hours with them. They are so entertaining.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
I can barely keep up with Lada and the finches as it stands. Still getting used to living with birds.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
We had a number of caiques at the bird store I go to. Every weekend they would be out and playing and flying around. They were really a lot of fun.
My friend has one. The only thing she regrets is not having two...and she is looking for the "right" one but hasn't found it yet - price and location.