• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First day with macaw

CaliCash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
This was the first night we had her home. We’ve since tried to give her time to adjust, but she had come out if the carrier on her own and my wife picked her up in fear of her hitting herself off of objects, as she was quite riled up. 2234266B-E2D7-44EF-BD79-A1E78870A238.jpeg

CaliCash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
Oh, I think I know your breeder. :D
Do you have any birds from him? I figured the shop I got her from was just a middle man, so if you know who actually bred her I’d love to know, just for my knowledge. Just like other middle men type bird distributors(parrot shops) he wouldn’t let me know the secrets/suppliers. He was knowledgeable and helped a long the way though and answered questions when asked.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Do you have any birds from him? I figured the shop I got her from was just a middle man, so if you know who actually bred her I’d love to know, just for my knowledge. Just like other middle men type bird distributors(parrot shops) he wouldn’t let me know the secrets/suppliers. He was knowledgeable and helped a long the way though and answered questions when asked.
OH, if they didn't bred her there then maybe I'm wrong. If you want to pm me which shop you got her at I might know. I know lots of IL breeders.

budgie❤️

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Madilynn
GORGEOUS!!!!

CaliCash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
Oh my goodness! :heart: I want to smush a baby macaw again.
A baby macaw, this being our first, is quite unlike all the other birds I’ve ever had. She was very hesitant, but as if a few day ago has warmed up tremendously, and OMG I could just pet her head all day. At times I think she’s just going to fall asleep while I pet her. She’s melting my heart and making my wife jealous .

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Love the scalloping on her shoulders! Beautiful baby. The more you relax, the more she will. Sounds like you're doing everything right. did you get her from Birdman?

CaliCash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
Love the scalloping on her shoulders! Beautiful baby. The more you relax, the more she will. Sounds like you're doing everything right. did you get her from Birdman?
Thank you for the compliments! We did get her from Birdman. I originally had a deposit prior with Daniel Walthers for a Maui Sunrise and it unfortunately never came to be. Baby aspirated and died about 3 months in, and then the fertile eggs he got after never made it. We made the decision to go with Birdman and the Buffwing as our kids had been waiting so long and wanted a bird we could actually see before hand. Being our 1st Macaw it’s nerve wracking to hope and try to do right by the bird and us, so thank you for saying that. She’s at a point where she is very excited to get scratches in her cage, but we still need to get her stepping up and out of the cage. Hopefully we are doing that right by making her comfortable with our hands and us, something we truly have been unsure if we are helping or hurting the cause by letting within the cage. Thank you again!

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
:congrats5: What a beauty!