• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First chop

Empire

Moving in
Just wanted to share it!

IMG_20210303_172807.jpg

It's not the best, but I don't really have a large variety of veggies to pick from. Both include squash, carrot, apple and a little bit of strawberry. The green one has broccoli as the base and red bell pepper, the white one has cauliflower and green pepper.

IMG_20210303_140822.jpg

Echium seems more interested on it than in whole veggies, I want her not to eat only pellets and fruit so badly!

IMG_20210303_172737.jpg

I tried this to freeze it. My question is for how long can I use it before making a new one?

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
If it's frozen, it lasts at most 3 weeks. I don't know if it has to be covered to last long, but I wouldn't use it frozen after 3 weeks. If it's in the fridge then you can feed it for a little less than a week before it goes bad.

Yay chop! Glad you could get your birdie to eat it!!

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
It looks like your bird likes it....and that's what counts most!!
Back when I would freeze chop in ice cube trays (the birds that I have now really like the Birdie Bistro grain mix with baby food, that's why I don't make chop anymore), I would put the ice cube tray in a freezer bag and remove as much air as possible (to reduce freezer burn). If it freezer burns, throw it out. Keeping it for up to 3 weeks, in the freezer, sounds like a good ballpark.