• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures First bath of this year

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Hello everyone,

The past three days it has been wonderful weather here in Holland, so it was time again that Harley would get his bath again.
He was so happy, he loves water.. I only have to get a bigger bowl :hehe:

Have a nice day you all ! :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow- he's beautiful!

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
He doesnt look so happy lol
but he is beautiful :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Those are very nice pictures. Eurasian eagle owls are quite large birds.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
:)
Yea, not sure if he's happy or piffed off, but he is beautiful!
Thank you ! In the spring / summer I provide him with a bowl of water so he can choose if he wants to bathe in it or drink some from it, he isn't being forced. He likes it very much to go in there en bathe in it :)
He only looks a little mad when he is busy with his water and an bird flies by haha

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He is adorable, I love him! ♥
Can't you tell why you are having a big owl, and how you take care of him? Is he tame? :)

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
He is adorable, I love him! ♥
Can't you tell why you are having a big owl, and how you take care of him? Is he tame? :)
Haha thank you!
Yeah sure ! I can't fully call him tame, because they always will stay wild animals, but yes he is a kind of tame. He loves to zit on the glove and mean against me, (normally I would totally not recommend this with Owls and birds of prey but he is one of the few) he absolutely loves scratches, he also loves to lay his head on my shoulder so he can look what happens behind me.:xflove: But he also has his moody days.
I have a big owl because I've had a few internships were I learned to work with birds of prey and owls, I loved it so much to work with this beautiful creatures so soon I decided that I wanted a bird of prey or an owl in the future. So after anorher internship and Reading lots and lots of books, after the aviary was build I finally could look for my first bird of prey. And there was he in an advertisement his owner could do nothing with him because of heart problems ( but afterwards I had the idea there were much more reasons why he was doing him away) I went there to look of this was the bird for me if we had a 'click'. And i fell in love with him :) We've had a rough start, he was used to nothing because his last owner couldn't take him out of his aviary, he was scared and kind of 'aggressive'. It wasn't easy as an first owl but I didn't give up on him, and now he is better than i could've asked for, I am so lucky to have him in my life :xflove:
And about how I take care of him, it is kind of an big explanation to tell how you take care of an owl, but on a day : I start the day with getting his food out of the fridge, after that sometimes I have to prepare the food and Some days not ( het gets chicks, mouse, rats, rabbits, quails, chickens). In the afternoon I am going on an walk with him where he sits on the glove, and then in the evening I Will fly him.
In the winter I clean his aviary once a week, in the summer this will be more because of the food that he is eating.

Sorry my explanation is a bit longer than expected haha, if you have more questions you can always ask me ! :)

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
He is so gorgeous! :heart:

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is a wonderful commitment you have made to your best friend! He surely is one lucky owl to have such a compassionate and willing carer such as yourself!
Totsiens & geluk met jou friend!

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Haha thank you!
Yeah sure ! I can't fully call him tame, because they always will stay wild animals, but yes he is a kind of tame. He loves to zit on the glove and mean against me, (normally I would totally not recommend this with Owls and birds of prey but he is one of the few) he absolutely loves scratches, he also loves to lay his head on my shoulder so he can look what happens behind me.:xflove: But he also has his moody days.
I have a big owl because I've had a few internships were I learned to work with birds of prey and owls, I loved it so much to work with this beautiful creatures so soon I decided that I wanted a bird of prey or an owl in the future. So after anorher internship and Reading lots and lots of books, after the aviary was build I finally could look for my first bird of prey. And there was he in an advertisement his owner could do nothing with him because of heart problems ( but afterwards I had the idea there were much more reasons why he was doing him away) I went there to look of this was the bird for me if we had a 'click'. And i fell in love with him :) We've had a rough start, he was used to nothing because his last owner couldn't take him out of his aviary, he was scared and kind of 'aggressive'. It wasn't easy as an first owl but I didn't give up on him, and now he is better than i could've asked for, I am so lucky to have him in my life :xflove:
And about how I take care of him, it is kind of an big explanation to tell how you take care of an owl, but on a day : I start the day with getting his food out of the fridge, after that sometimes I have to prepare the food and Some days not ( het gets chicks, mouse, rats, rabbits, quails, chickens). In the afternoon I am going on an walk with him where he sits on the glove, and then in the evening I Will fly him.
In the winter I clean his aviary once a week, in the summer this will be more because of the food that he is eating.

Sorry my explanation is a bit longer than expected haha, if you have more questions you can always ask me ! :)
Oh i see I have made an fault mean against me has to be : lean against me

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
:heart::hehe:
wet droopy owl "ears"!!!