• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Fingers crossed

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
sunny has come down with anther respiratory infection we think . She doing fine earlier but this afternoon started acting really lethargic and breathing with her mouth open. I’m stressed to the max. I called her vet and left a message hopefully we can get her in tomorrow with them. She is molting also so that doesn’t help.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Knee mail going up

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope Sunny will be OK.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Thanks , everyone I hope so to , I knew it for sure when I separated her from Charile and she barley made a peep . Usually she would scream her head off

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Is she still congested? If so a steamy bathroom might help.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
It’s hard to tell I haven’t heard her sneeze but I bet it would definitely help if it’s in her lungs

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, no again! I hope she’ll be okay!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::angel1:

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Thanks everyone, I went to Walmart and came back and she’s acting like her self again, but I know how birds can hide there illness so I’m still taking her to the vet because she scared me earlier. Between her breathing and squinting her eyes and not calling for Charile she going to get checked. My vet said last time I took her before it got really bad and it probably helped her a lot. I’ll keep everyone updated. Thanks again everyone

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If this becomes a repeated thing, ask your vet if there are medications you can keep on hand to tide her over in situations like this. Of course not in place of vet care, just to help until she can get seen. Good luck tomorrow!

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Update on sunny. She somehow has a injury to her peak. Most likely done while she was in her cage. He said the infection is most likely do to the injury of her peak and she is on another round of antibiotics.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Awe, poor Sunny! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Thanks everyone, he also said she may have a hematoma in her chest. I told him she hates to be out of the cage and I don’t remember but one time where she fell off her perch because something spooked her , but after she did that I kept I eye on her and she acting just fine. He told its a good thing o brought her in because sometime it turns into a abscess

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope the infection clears up quickly and she doesn’t have any more infections for a long, long time! Also, hopefully the hematoma will go away on its own.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Thanks, he said it most likely will but if not , if she doesn’t feel better in two weeks he will do a chest x-ray