• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finding a Pionus in 2022

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Final update! Toast arrived in our house a few weeks ago and has been settling in really well. He is very sweet and dumb. He and Bean, our lovebird, chatter back and forth through their cages sometimes. It's really cute. He's got a special series of chirps he uses with her. View attachment 418521
He's absolutely adorable and I love his name! :heart:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
congratulations!!! Welcome home Toast! :starshower: :loveshower:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What do you mean by "dumb"?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Like, affectionately? He's a baby and still learning how to do basic things like climb lol.
Ah, I get it. I figured it was an autocorrect or something innocuous like that.

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Final update! Toast arrived in our house a few weeks ago and has been settling in really well. He is very sweet and dumb. He and Bean, our lovebird, chatter back and forth through their cages sometimes. It's really cute. He's got a special series of chirps he uses with her. View attachment 418521
Where did you get this sweetie from? Mine will be here early January. Getting things ready here myself. I just need to decide what is the best way to get baby. Me travel there and fly back w baby in carrier in cabin with me which will involve changing planes as I can’t get a direct flight or should I meet baby in Atlanta Ga and drive 6 hours home after baby flies one leg…….decisions. Congratulations! Beautiful baby.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I would very much like to know where both of you got your Pionus as my daughter is looking to add one to our family in the near future as well.

sharky

Sitting on the front steps
Where did you get this sweetie from? Mine will be here early January. Getting things ready here myself. I just need to decide what is the best way to get baby. Me travel there and fly back w baby in carrier in cabin with me which will involve changing planes as I can’t get a direct flight or should I meet baby in Atlanta Ga and drive 6 hours home after baby flies one leg…….decisions. Congratulations! Beautiful baby.
I would very much like to know where both of you got your Pionus as my daughter is looking to add one to our family in the near future as well.
Patty's Pets in Florida! The waitlist is locked for BWs and long for duskies but I think the blue head list is pretty empty! I waited about a year, and got to skip most of the line, because I live near a major airport that has direct animal cargo flights from Tampa - the breeder does not want to stress the birds out more with flight transfers, and possible delayed transfers which means the bird is sitting on the tarmac for possibly extended hours.

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Patty's Pets in Florida! The waitlist is locked for BWs and long for duskies but I think the blue head list is pretty empty! I waited about a year, and got to skip most of the line, because I live near a major airport that has direct animal cargo flights from Tampa - the breeder does not want to stress the birds out more with flight transfers, and possible delayed transfers which means the bird is sitting on the tarmac for possibly extended hours.
Mine is coming from Patty’s too.
flying to Atlanta and then a 5.5 hour drive home. I’m worried about how cold it could be in Atlanta when I pickup. Praying it will not be really cold out. It’s a bad time of year. I am tempted to fly one way to Tampa and drive back. It’s a 12 hour drive though and he seems to think flying it to Atlanta and then a 5.5 hour drive is less stress than a 12 hour drive. I’m still not sure. beginning of Jan is my pick up date.
what kind of crate did he ship your baby in?