• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finding a Linnie

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
I've been serching for 2nd Linnie and it's becoming difficult.
The closest ones avalible to me are a 15 hr drive...
I tried contacting a local breeder here in Thunder bay, ON no replies, posed on Kijiji, no luck and the one person that did contact me I think was pulling my leg for fun... and I've asked some shops to possibly bring one in got a call saying that probaly can't and try again later on in the year. I feel I'm running out of ideas, anyone have some suggestions?

I think if I can't find one, maybe in the summer I'll do the drive to Toronto...

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
There has to be someone closer to you then coming all the way into TO, I hope something comes up soon keep asking around. :)

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you can wait until after the Christmas embargo, you can get a linnie shipped to you.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Hmm, shipping birds seems like it would be stressful for the poor little one. A drive to Toronto would be long but likely worth it to get one from a good breeder!

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I don't think its the right time of year for your local breeders. Linnies breed in the spring.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
Yeah I was hoping more to get a rehome or have one come in, I did a drive with Loki and that was not fun doing that distance. As it gets warmer may just have to do the drive.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
I don't think its the right time of year for your local breeders. Linnies breed in the spring.
Yeah I figured that but it be nice if they would answer. Kinda let me know so I can stop the search