• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finding a forever home for Moose female baby lovebird in Maryland area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowings

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vi
Hi there! I have a few threads in various forums here about my baby lovebirds. They were hatched near Christmas. I had them DNA tested & Moose is the only girl so I cannot keep her with her brothers. I also don't want her stuck in a cage alone as the odd bird out. SO, trying to find her a forever home! I love this baby very much & want her to be happy.

We are located in Northeastern Maryland, close to Delaware/Pennsylvania. I can provide a tiny travel cage but she will need a bigger cage to live in!!! I know I probably don't need to say this here but... pets are not toys! Birds can live a considerable amount of time & kids tend to outgrow pets & move away, not always be responsible etc. Please consider it your pet first and foremost! Any pet should be a long term commitment, not a passing whim. Thank you!

Here are Moose's pics from the 4th & the 7th. I have videos but not sure how to share here! She has been handled but is currently much more interested in her siblings than humans lol! She likes listening to soft talk & knows her name. I like to give her kisses too! Her parents are different subspecies so please know that. You can contact me here for any details. Thanks so much!
0104191027a.jpg 0107191653.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's adorable. Hope you find a wonderful new home for her. However, why can't you just keep her separate from her brothers? I had one female from my red-bellied pair and 7 boys for a while until her 2 sisters came along. She was caged with her clutch brothers for about 2 years and then they were separated but they could still hang out together under supervision. She didn't want to stay with them any way. She always preferred to be with me.

Rainbowings

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vi
I don't really have space for 3 separate cages & just didn't want to risk anything happening & ending up with any issues between brothers & her. I don't want her to continue getting attached to her brother Blue only to have to separate them later or them pairing up like they have and leaving Sprout out or becoming aggressive toward him. I'd love to keep her, I really would. It's just not doable for me right now unfortunately! I will make sure she finds a good home though.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Oh my she is adorable! I wish I could take her but I’m closer to the VA line. Hope you find someone:heart:

Rob Wendover

Meeting neighbors
Hi
I am interested. I live in NY but would be willing to travel. She is beautiful. What are the terms of the adoption. I currently have a Macaw, 2 Parrotlets,a Cockatiel and a pair of sun conure brothers. A lovebird is one of the wonderful birds I want but have been able to get. I don’t purchase from breeders or stores I like to adopt them wether it be a rescue or just someone who unfortunately needs to rehome them. Please let me know know if still available and your process.
Rob

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Status
Not open for further replies.