• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finches, button quails and budgies free to good homes - Chicago area, cannot deliver, cages included

Serin

Sprinting down the street
I have 7 parakeets, 5 society finches with 4 chicks in the nest and a pair of button quails I need to find homes for quickly. I have flight cages and all supplies. The finches and quail live together in one flight cage. The budgies live in another which is several cages together and you will need a truck to transport without cutting all the zipties.
Free.
I don't enjoy this hobby anymore and want them going to someone that does and will give them better care.

Not birds, but I am also rehoming two female friendly pet rats with supplies. Also free.

Only reply if you are actually interested in adopting please.

Serin

Free birds end up food for pet snakes. You need a rehoming fee.
No, they are free.
Nobody here is going to see this and say "oh, snake food!".
That's why this post is here.
You all care about birds.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope you find good homes for all of them, beware of Craigslist though..maybe a local bird rescue and rodent rescue??

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
5 society finches with 4 chicks in the nest
I don't enjoy this hobby anymore
As you currently have chicks, could you not wait to rehome the finches until the little ones fledge, then go from there? Moving young chicks is not ideal.

Good luck finding homes for everyone.

Serin

As you currently have chicks, could you not wait to rehome the finches until the little ones fledge, then go from there? Moving young chicks is not ideal.

Good luck finding homes for everyone.
They're fine, used to being handled. Will not be bothered with a move, they have been moved with chicks in the nest throughout their lives.