• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:super::bounce6:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great! :)

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
How exciting!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
My joy was of short :(

baby 4 and 3 have died. One is nowhere to be found, and one lay dead between the plants.
baby 1 and 2 are growing small feathers, so i at least have some hope they will make it!

The red siskins laid an egg at the bottom of the cage, but they refuse to nest :( today i created “the perfect siskin nest” just the way they seem to do it themselves, and laid the egg in. Hopefully i can convince the little lady to lay her eggs where they should :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Unfortunatly, i have only 1 baby left :( good thing is that its growing really good!

The red siskins are also nesting again! After i watched the female keep flying with materials, building a nest, rining it again, building a new one.. it was so tiresome! I decided to help her and i made a perfect siskin nest for her to live in!

She did some redecorating, and now shes steadily in her new home for most of the day! I expect new eggs and dare i say, babies too in not a lot of time!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good ending to the next part of the story! Keep us updated please!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. the red siskins laid an egg in the nest, and the bullfinches too!
I ever really expected the bullfinches to lay eggs in a nest, so thats some good news :) though a bit late.. they where my dad’s favorite! I’m sure he would have loved young bullfinches :(

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I NEED HELP!

So, this last one Black Hooded Siskin baby is sitting in his nest, chirping veeeeeery much, and when i just looked, he had no food in his crop :(

i really want to save this one. Does anyone know anything about handfeeding siskins? Maybe i can feed him a few times a day, just as an extra? Im not sure if his mother is feeding him.. shes building a new nest and having lots of “fun” with her mate..

tssssk, one should call Child Protective Services.. but then, that would be me!

it could all be due to this beeing their first nest, most likely they re just unexperienced parents.. but still, i want this one youngster to be saved!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Oh no. I know you were so looking forward to success with them. Maybe their next try will work out better.