• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally Set Vet Appointments!

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
Don't worry about sounding a little sharp (you didn't to me anyway). I get accused of being sharp or unemotional all of the time. But like you, for me it's all about the birds.

It's always good to hear compliments from your vet. She sounds like a good vet - I like that she put Jersey under oxygen. Sometimes vets don't use oxygen as much as they should.

Is your antibiotic SMP-TMZ (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim)? It is a broad spectrum antibiotic.

Oh good, I was worried I'd made you mad there for a second.
No the bottle just says "Septra Oral Suspension." Why? Is the other stuff better?

I'm so glad the vet visit went so well, and I hope the antibiotic clears up Jersey's breathing!
Thank you and I hope so too!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Septra = SMP-TMZ. Septra is a brand name. There is no way to know if one antibiotic is beter than another unless a culture and sensitivity is done. SMP-TMZ is one of the broad spectrum antibiotics.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Reggie sounds like a great vet visit! I'm glad Jersey is ok, you must feel relieved. :)