• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Final Update-Sassy the found grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Update on Sassy! Mike and I went over to evaluate Sassy. Very nice young couple with two small children. Sassy was a little dreamboat! Flew right to me and cuddled my neck. Nibbled gentlely on my fingers, layed upside down in my arms. Very well socialized baby. Needs some work on stepping up and I went over that. She is now not eating her regular seed mix she was on with her two HF a day. They said since she has been home all she wants is handfeeding. I told them to up the handfeedings that she needs the nurishment and comfort of it after such an ordeal. We discussed pellet diets versus all seed. We went over veggies and fruits, rice, pasta beans etc. They had no idea. She is kept in a very large flight cage in thier kitchen. I asked if they knew about teflon and non stick, candles and air freshners and cleaning supplies. No idea! Thier eyes got like big saucers. I told them about avocado, onions, chocolate, caffienne. I gave them links to toxic plants and items to parrots. They listened very carefully and were extremely concerned about things I mentioned.
I clipped her nails and examined her wings. No blood feathers. We discussed pros and cons of clipping the wings and her age, mental and physical wellbeing. I told them that I thought it was best to holdoff on the clipping. That baby greys can be a little clumsy and she needed to build up her body muscle, coordination and strength. It took a little convincing but they agreed to hold off. I told them I would do it at a later date if they wanted. We discussed her cage location, kitchen and right next to the back door. I told them about hanging a curtain at the back door, to deter Sassy. I said they have to be deligent in being aware to her location at all times. We discussed the pitbull and lab having free reign while the bird is out and all the dangers that go with it.
I truely feel that they listened and learned alot today. We exchanged email addresses and I will pass on the link to the forum. All in all it was a good visit and Sassy was an absolute princess!​

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
Judy,
What a nice thing to do. I'm so glad
you met Sassy's owner's and gave them some
information. You are great!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
What a happy ending! I am glad you were able to provide them with some positive education about the care of birds. A lot of people go into it with no clue what so ever.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Judy you're amazing! Thanks so much for helping!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay a happy ending..You're a good person Judy helping out like that.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Judy you are so amazing and it is wonderful that they seemed to want to learn about her....bless your heart

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Way to go Judy. You have given Sassy a chance to be safe and happy with her parronts. That's what it's all about my friend.

Ginger

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so glad for Sassy!

Matt

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
AWesome update...i really hope they will join the forum. Sassy sounds so adorable!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That is so nice!!! :dance4:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update! A HUGE thank you for educating them on everything that goes along with bird care. :highfive: Sassy is sure lucky your paths crossed :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Judy so glad you took the time to talk with Sassy's owners. Maybe they would be interested in joining the forum? Sounds like they have a lot to keep track of with young kids and dogs in the house besides Sassy. I hope they can maybe join us.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Judy, thank you so much for the update on Sassy!
I am hoping they will take what you have said and given to them and further their knowledge of Gray's/parrots and their well being...Please Keep them in your "loop" and let them know we would welcome them with open arms/wings to the Neighborhood!
Many :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.