• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Final Chance: Palm Nuts for Sale at INTRODUCTORY Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
If anyone else is interested in getting an introductory box, please let me know by 5:00 pm today. If I can't fulfill your order this time, I'll catch you the following week. I am aiming to ship nuts out once a week -- at least for now.

Thank you to everyone who has tried the nuts and given me your feedback. I really value it!

~Tiko~

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
Hi, Kelly!
I sent you an PM. I would love to get on your list to have an order filled. Thank you! :D

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Here's the Jasper bird. He LOVES the palm fruit part on the little ones and the biggest ones... kinda meh about the golden ones. Silly bird though- only eats some of the actual nut part before getting distracted and tossing it, so I have half eaten palm nuts laying about :hehe: I like the way they make him smell. :)

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Thank you for posting Jasper's experience with the palm nuts, Sharpie! As to the large Foxtail Palm nuts, once he finishes stripping the skin and fruit off, you might want to take the nut back and try to open it a little for him so that he will see there is a nut inside. Once he knows there's a nut surprise waiting for him inside, the chewing fun begins!

Give that green boy an extra scritch from me!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Kelly, here are a few pics of Kiwi and Larry investigating and enjoying the nuts.

Attachments

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Thank you for posting Jasper's experience with the palm nuts, Sharpie! As to the large Foxtail Palm nuts, once he finishes stripping the skin and fruit off, you might want to take the nut back and try to open it a little for him so that he will see there is a nut inside. Once he knows there's a nut surprise waiting for him inside, the chewing fun begins!

Give that green boy an extra scritch from me!
I did! He ate half of the nut itself (I wasn't expecting it to be so lightly colored) and then wandered off to do other things. Maybe he was just full by then, lol!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Thanks gg. I think so too, but then I am a bit biased, lol

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I want to thank you all for your patience in waiting for me to offer the palm nuts on a continuing basis. We have more palm nuts we cut down from the trees yesterday and I will starting a new thread tomorrow with another offer to AA members. In the meantime, keep your photos coming! I'm loving them!

Status
Not open for further replies.