• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fighting Female?

KASHISH

Moving in
Hello!
So I rescued 2 INR, Hulkie (F , presumably) and Aloo (M, presumably) over a year ago. Since then I’ve sorted a lot of issues with them since hulkie kept biting aloo.
  1. I got them a bigger cage. (Large enough for an African grey)
  2. I put a lot of enrichment in. (Large hanging and biting toys, ribbons, paper, rope toys) <they love to bite and tear things
  3. I feed them better food for them (vegetables in the morning + nuts/seeds in the night time)
this has for sure helped with their fighting a bit but hulkie still seems to want to tease, bite and fight with aloo all the time.

she constantly yells at him, never lets him get a treat from me, fly’s over to me everytime I take aloo in my hand.

aloo on the other hand doesn’t pay much attention and only occasionally gets angry.

The problem is aloo doesn’t know how to fly yet he’s just got his wings in after the person who had them before cut them.

Hulkie can fly. so no matter where aloo is hulkie comes flying to bother him.

keep in mind I cage them together and they have been together in the same cage since the beginning.
I don’t know what to do to stop her

I have attached some images to show how she tries to provoke him

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aloo needs to space away from her. You could try housing separate or having separate flight time. I would focus on allowing him to recuperate his flight unhindered.

Remember, even if you separate the birds, you can still try to reintroduce them slowly once Aloo has his flight back and the fighting has stopped.

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
My female kept attacking my male I separated them into thier own cage I do let them fly out together but when ready they now go back into thier own cage male seems well happier x

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m glad that´s working :)