• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Fifi (african grey) showd signs of sick today

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
It is never a good thing to assume that you know what is wrong especially if you didn't have a necropsy done. Like Merlie I do not understand why when you noticed her in the bottom of the cage you didn't immediately take her to the vet, especially knowing that she didn't want to be with her favorite person.

Not trying to sound as if I am jumping on you but time is of the essence here.

Waiting to hear the outcome of the vet visit. Much Luck!

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
This makes me sad - I am constantly watching Rigby for ANY signs of illness and I would break laws to get her to the vet. I can't imagine having lost one bird already and KNOWING that my other bird was sick - clearly sick and then not seeking treatment.

Please help this baby - she depends on you for everything......

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Keep thinking no news is good news, has anyone heard anything of this poor bird's plight yet please?

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
People you are killing me here. I am not a monster. Lay off! There is a very good reason we didn't take her to the vet right away. One she is eating great! She isn't losing weight, she is drinking and still getting up to see Wayne. I took her this morning more out of curiosity than anything and got her nails cut. Love my new vet who is a few hours away (because in Maine there are only a couple avian vets in the state and the closest other than that is Massachussets.) We both came to the conclusion which Wayne called two days ago that she is not only hormonal, but nesting. I am a dork for not seeing that she is making a nest out of her food bowl. but just in case, I concured for her to be put on meds. We will watch and medicate for a week unless she shows any other sick signs then I will bring her back in. Thank you for those of you who didn't slaughter me in your thread.!!! One of the reasons I don't hang out here on this thread much is because people make you feel like you don't care!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
SO Glad to hear that she is OK:hug8::hug8::hug8:Thank You for the Up-Date!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so glad she's doing better and I'm sorry if we upset you but 5 pages of concerned posts very much show we care also. I think what causes all the concern is knowing how quickly birds can go downhill. We don't have your advantage of actually seeing the situation so members can only go by what is posted. No harm was intended. :hug8:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She threw up this morning and now is on bottom of cage with drooping feathers.But can't stay awake unless hubby is next to her and then she is "acting" fine.
I am afraid it could be what Gizmo died of and I spent thousands on him to help him. We just can't do that with Fifi
I am afraid it may be too late for my grey.
You came on and started this thread with the above quotes. It reads as if she's at deaths door and you are unwilling to spend the money to take her to the Vet.
First and foremost this board is about the heath, welfare and happiness of the birds in our care. We reacted with love and concern for Fifi, nothing more.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So glad she is okay! :)

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia

It reads as if she's at deaths door and you are unwilling to spend the money to take her to the Vet.
First and foremost this board is about the heath, welfare and happiness of the birds in our care. We reacted with love and concern for Fifi, nothing more.
That was only part of what I wrote, but its ok. Sometimes people don't see everything and my reaction was the same. shock, horror, frusteration and concern. I come here for encouragement and I figured someone would ask questions to make me think...not react. I reacted instead of thought it out. I am greatly concerned for her too.. still am and not exactly convinced it is hormones. I will keep asking questions till I get my answers. I will watch over her and take good care of her. Just like I did Gizmo till the end. Sometimes I whine a bit though! :rolleyes:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
So happy that all is well and please realise all we are is concerned for your birds welfare and also yours if you are going through a worrying time. No harm was intended by it only loving concern. God bless.:hug8:

unicornlady7

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Christa
So glad she is better! I had a cockatiel that I thought was very ill, but before I made the appointment - she laid an EGG! Lol! I felt relieved and a bit stupid at the same time! Lol! I hope she is just being nesty and you have a smooth uneventful life with Fifi. It's hard when you loose a baby - always overly anxious that you will loose another..

Status
Not open for further replies.