• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fiddle farting with this ...

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Spiral-Size-1a-114k.jpg

I have already had the larger spiral that is on the right side in the image that I use on my "Harmony" toy and for a while now. I've wanted to come up with a very small version, more for the Parakeet/Budgie, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Cockatiels and any other wee little bird. The one I have on the left is almost 4" in height. It won't be anywhere near as full of stuff as the Harmony toy has on it. I may still change the sizing of the smaller version. I have to see how I can make it with interest.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have no idea how larger one compares to the unfilled one that Avian Stainless used to make but I used your budgie bells on that one and my guys loved ( I think I fit 8, 2 per hole) it but it was way too big for 2 of my four

I would love the small size plain that I could fill up your smaller bells or skewer charms/foot toys or just the small size with budgie sized bells or chains with with smaller sized SS parts like washers ect.....

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Avian stainless one was too heavy duty. Overkill for my flock. I got one like jan’s somewhere but it was flimsy and sharp. Jan’s is a good weight and quality

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A great idea Jan :) Little birds love steel toys too, especially lovebirds when they´re not allowed shreddables (lessening nesting) :tup:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
The small one I showed above is a lighter gauge stainless and is 1/2" in width, afterall it is for the very little birds. I am seeing about a 5/8" width and longer but not quite as long as whats on the Harmony toy.

I have no idea how larger one compares to the unfilled one that Avian Stainless used to make but I used your budgie bells on that one and my guys loved ( I think I fit 8, 2 per hole) it but it was way too big for 2 of my four

I would love the small size plain that I could fill up your smaller bells or skewer charms/foot toys or just the small size with budgie sized bells or chains with with smaller sized SS parts like washers ect.....

Not sure at this point if I will be selling just the spiral piece alone.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wouldn't you add stuff to it to finish the toy?

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian stainless one was too heavy duty. Overkill for my flock. I got one like jan’s somewhere but it was flimsy and sharp. Jan’s is a good weight and quality
I think we may have purchased the same one, a bit too flexible and springy for SS and mine had a few small pits on the not so smooth sides and was fed to the garbage can. The AS one had a mixed reaction as two were intimidated by the size but my other two loved that they could have multiple favourites. The last time I used I had 8 of jans small bells combined with leather strips and those twist cut straws, Quackerina was in heaven.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
The small one I showed above is a lighter gauge stainless and is 1/2" in width, afterall it is for the very little birds. I am seeing about a 5/8" width and longer but not quite as long as whats on the Harmony toy.

Not sure at this point if I will be selling just the spiral piece alone.
Well if you do, i'm a buyer! If you want to sell you smaller prototypes until you find the perfect size and attachments, i'll buy those too!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the twirly things! I can't wait to see more!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would like to buy a small twirly one. Maybe with plastic beads and the smooth beads on it like what is on Belle? Or heart tags on it like Ring my heart.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If we're making suggestions, budgies really love the layered beads on the Mini Brickhouse Bell. There's that long, tubular metal bead in the middle with beads over it, so that they can be moved up & down independently between the narrower beads capping the tube.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How exciting! :yahoo:As whole toys or just the bases, the goffins girls will need two. :yes1:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
How exciting! :yahoo:As whole toys or just the bases, the goffins girls will need two. :yes1:

SMALL Birds ONLY!! Goffin's not that small. The chain will not with stand a Goffin's beak pressure.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
So here is the finished toy. named "Bellafonte". I have a video in the product description as well. The price has not been determined as of this time. There will be only 5 of them available until I can get some more stainless to make more spiral shapes.

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
So here is the finished toy. named "Bellafonte". I have a video in the product description as well. The price has not been determined as of this time. There will be only 5 of them available until I can get some more stainless to make more spiral shapes.
Omg it’s so cute!! Love it! Would it work for a black capped conure?? He’s like the size of a green cheek conure...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That's adorable! :smileflower: And so quickly!