• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fid vs Soda Can - a visual aid in size of all species

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
I'll add a photo of FreeFall next to a soda can hopefully tomorrow, I didn't see any Ekkies in this thread. :lol:

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
I'll add a photo of FreeFall next to a soda can hopefully tomorrow, I didn't see any Ekkies in this thread. :lol:
i'd love to see freefall!
i think you missed the photo of dante and others of ekkie hens

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm positive that last one is saying "Okay, I stood still and didn't try to drink out of or knock over the can. NOW can I get a treat?" :xflove: :xflove:

Last edited:

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Ifrit

Strolling the yard
ETA - I forgot to add his info
Fid name: Dante de Rose (or Dante for short. He also answers to Matto, Mr Pink, Pinkster and only recently, I added Pinkalicious to his growing nicknames list:p).
Species: Galah
Age: almost three years old if what his previous owners Told us was true. He for sure was not a baby when he came to us. No baby feathers.
Sex: Male
Weight, if you know it: 390 grams
Import or hand fed: not sure. he came to us eating seeds.

the Pinster next to a soda can for size comparison. He actually loved to chew on it:huh:

"I can go taller than u, Mr Soda Can!" says Dante

"and bigger than you, Mr Soda Can" says the Pinkster

"I can chew you off, Mr Soda Can. afterall, I am a chewing monster" says Mr Pink.
omg so adorable!

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I love this thread! I 'd post a picture of my budgies next to a can but i dont really think they will get really close xD

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I 'd post a picture of my budgies next to a can but i dont really think they will get really close xD

I would love to post a photo of Thalj & Skittles the lovebirds next to a can too, but I don't think that our lovebirds will stay still close to the soda can either; otherwise, their photos will be here too. The two stinkers of ours have minds of their own :wacky:

pacoparrot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacob

fid name: Paco
Species: Double Yellow Head Amazon
Sex: Unknown but my guess is male based on behavior
Weight, if you know it: 492g
Import or hand fed: Again unknown but I'm guessing handfed
Personality/vocabulary or what makes your fid special, if you want to add it: He is grumpy and not quick to trust. Very vocal but does not talk or mimic sounds. He is trustable once you can read his mood and see past the fact that he wants to be tough. He gets addicted to junk food very fast so it is important to provide plenty of healthy items for him to pick from.

JokerGirl

Meeting neighbors
This is an old photo, but here he is next to his can. It's a little deceiving since he is actually standing completely straight.

Sam
Lesser White Fronted Amazon
12 years old
Male (he is DNA sexed, but they can be visually sexed by the red alula)
Current weight: 198g
Hand Fed, bred in Texas at Hill Country Aviaries
He's a pretty typical male Amazon despite his small size. Not much of a talker, but great with sound effects. Has his cuddly and aggressive moments.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
He's absolutely adorable! U.S. soft drink cans (average size) are 12 fluid oz or 355 ml. (I had to go and check the cans we have in the fridge.)

Eleanor J

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eleanor Jinks
Ah okay thanks! They're only slightly bigger then, ours are 330ml or about 11oz:)

Novembergypsy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bethany
Awww so definately doing this when the 'tiel babies have arrived and settled (they are coming Friday! At last!):loveshower:

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
Here's Orion with a matching can.. :)

Orion
Sun Conure
4 years
Assumed male--DNA test soon :)
127 g
He was from PetCo according to his first owner so I assume that he was handfed
He doesn't talk, but he does make LOTS of noise... he likes if I toss him so he can "fly" and he's getting really confident with it, he flew to the floor on his own earlier :) He was clipped poorly 4 years ago and they never molted for some reason! we also play a game where we get really loud together and shout and screech and then I say "shhhh" and he gets really quiet... LOL he also "sings" and dances if I sing to music for him :) his favorite is rap.

Last edited: