• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fibre impaction

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
How long does it take for a bird to become impacted. My bird doesnt have any cotton perches or toys because of this but if a bird was exposed to cotton before in thier life and swallowed some cotton but this was taken away from them how could I tell that they have been and can short term exposure affect them. You see I would just like to know as I plan on getting a bird in the future and like to do research in advance.

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
'Getting a bird in the future'
So what happened to the ringneck you were private messaging me about? is he/she ok?

Mantis64

Sorry just re read my post and understand my post sounds like I dont own a bird I mean in the next 5 years I will get another bird thanks for your advice on my Indian ringneck it's been so useful and I understand a lot more about the dietary requirements for my Indian ringneck because of you so thanks so much. My Indian ringneck is fine thanks for being concerned and supporting me for my ringnecks dietary requirements.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The short answer is we don't know. Some birds live long lives without any issues, some die at 2 years. It is not a cut and dry answer

Mantis64

The short answer is we don't know. Some birds live long lives without any issues, some die at 2 years. It is not a cut and dry answer
I am also aware that sisal and natural ropes are safer is this because they are digestible and dont tangle as much.