• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fertilized Eggs

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No reputable breeder will sell you fertilised parrot eggs. Anyone promising to sell you fertilised eggs is scamming you. Parrot eggs do not travel well and newly hatched parrots need a LOT of care which very few people are capable of providing.

Please read this thread by someone who was scammed in exactly this way. He thought he was buying fertile parrot eggs and ended up losing a lot of money.

Mindy418

Moving in
Real Name
Mindy
No reputable breeder will sell you fertilised parrot eggs. Anyone promising to sell you fertilised eggs is scamming you. Parrot eggs do not travel well and newly hatched parrots need a LOT of care which very few people are capable of providing.

Please read this thread by someone who was scammed in exactly this way. He thought he was buying fertile parrot eggs and ended up losing a lot of money.

Thank you! I have seen many eggs for sale and feared they were scammers! That’s why I decided to post here for advice. I appreciate it!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Mindy 1.welcome signs.gif

If you want a Galah cockatoo, go and buy a fully formed bird or pick one up from a shelter. Stay away from egg selling sites.
Good luck on your search for your feathered companion :)

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Looking for fertilized rose breasted cockatoo (Galah) eggs.
Not to derail, but who's the handsome fellow (in a gender-neutral usage) taking center stage in your post? :D

Mindy418

Moving in
Real Name
Mindy
Not to derail, but who's the handsome fellow (in a gender-neutral usage) taking center stage in your post? :D
He is at a local exotic pet store. $8,000 and I can’t pay that much so trying to find another one as I know that’s a bit high.

Mindy418

Moving in
Real Name
Mindy
Welcome to the Avenue Mindy View attachment 392893

If you want a Galah cockatoo, go and buy a fully formed bird or pick one up from a shelter. Stay away from egg selling sites.
Good luck on your search for your feathered companion :)
Thank you so much. I agree! I am currently looking for a Galah for sale or adoption within my budget.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. I would definitely check rescues near you. Many list their birds on Petfinder.com. It may take a little while to find one. Galahs aren't as common to find at rescues as other types of 'toos but you can find them. Our rescue here actually just adopted one out a couple weeks ago. (Which I'm glad he got adopted because the longer he was there the greater the chance I would have tried to adopt him. LOL. They really are beautiful birds.)