• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fergus and Fiona's New Cage!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They love it. They can FLYYYYY! (In the cage, as well as out when I open it)! Both especially love the rope perch, and I think it must be pretty comfy. FERGUS AND FIONA NEW CAGE  1 5 18.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I know you're in Texas but Fergus and Fiona scream Scottish to me and they're gorgeous.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I know you're in Texas but Fergus and Fiona scream Scottish to me and they're gorgeous.

Yep, you're right! This was a tribute to my Scottish ancestors! The first one came over in the 1600's as an indentured servant after being a prisoner of war to Oliver Cromwell's army. And thanks, they think they're pretty cute too in that new cage... ha!! :penguin::tweety:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Looks great! I'm sure they'll feel at home in no time :D

Lyx, they sure seemed to feel at home right away - I was not sure if I should let them have fly time the very next day after the transition to the new cage, but they did, and they flew right back to the cage! I think it's taken me more to get used to the new cage than it did them. I know it was the right thing to do but 2 things bother me. One is, God forbid if I ever had a fire, but with the old small cage, I could have grabbed them easily. Now, not so much. And the other is, I used to take them outside in their small cages just to get some fresh air. No way with this one. I guess there are trade offs in life, and this is one of those.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
You can keep the small cage and use it as their sun and travel cage (and hospital/quarantine cage).

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
You can keep the small cage and use it as their sun and travel cage (and hospital/quarantine cage).

Jasmine, yes! That is exactly my plan... I just would need to get them so tame that they would jump into the travel cage, right? I can dream of that day... they are still not tame enough to step up on my finger yet. Takes time I guess. Hoping that one day when the cage is open they just both flyyyyy over to give Mommy a big kiss!

Reactions: Jas

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Guess they'll have to wait a little before they work on their tans :hehe: