• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feral Chickens- Please help!

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hello- I’m currrently traveling and sleep deprived, jet lags- but there are feral chickens here everywhere (you have to push them out of the way while walking down the sidewalk- literally). They are super neat looking and the babies are adorable....

But with the city lights on at night- the roosters DONT SHUT UP! The walls are concrete but i cant close the windows (They are hurricane windows- so they don’t open or close). Anyone have a trick? Something to keep them away.

Its short term as ill be back in the United States in 7 days.... PLEASE help if anyone has any ideas.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I wish I could help, but ours have always made noise at all hours despite the dark... Earplugs were the only solution until we decided not to keep any boys anymore.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Earplug or earphones and some of your fave music?

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
That’s a great idea! I can definitely find earplugs. In the morning I’m going to run to the market.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Another option is having a noise machine. Maybe if the place youre staying at has an electric fan, that would also do the trick.