• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female turquoise to a yellow sides male?

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
Can anyone tell me what the babies will possibly be with a turquoise female and male yellow sides? Thanks

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello, are you still looking for an answer for your question?

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yellow-sided turquoise are beautiful.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
For anyone who is curious, yellow-sided is sex-linked and turquoise is recessive, so the most likely outcome for this crossing would be that all male offspring would be normal (wild-type), split to turquoise and yellow-sided. All the female offspring would be yellow-sided, split to turquoise.

None of the babies would be visually turquoise, unless the father happens to be split to turquoise. None of the male offspring will be visually yellow-sided, because the mother isn't yellow-sided.

Incidentally, this means you could tell the gender of the resulting offspring based on color alone.

Ethel

Moving in
Real Name
Connie Johnson
For anyone who is curious, yellow-sided is sex-linked and turquoise is recessive, so the most likely outcome for this crossing would be that all male offspring would be normal (wild-type), split to turquoise and yellow-sided. All the female offspring would be yellow-sided, split to turquoise.

None of the babies would be visually turquoise, unless the father happens to be split to turquoise. None of the male offspring will be visually yellow-sided, because the mother isn't yellow-sided.

Incidentally, this means you could tell the gender of the resulting offspring based on color alone.
What two breeds of conures would give you mooncheeks, other than a pair of mooncheeks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What two breeds of conures would give you mooncheeks, other than a pair of mooncheeks
Parrots do not have breeds. They are species. "Mooncheeks" are a compound mutation of green-cheeked conure. They are a combination of the American dilute mutation, cinnamon mutation, turquoise mutation and the yellow-sided mutation. All four of these mutations are required in the one bird for it to be a "mooncheek".