• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Female Lutino Cockatiel (3 years old) Recurring vomiting after treatment.

FLensCraft

Checking out the neighborhood
Help please, my Female Lutino Cockatiel (3 years old) Hendrix has been having a peculiar issue. She had a vomiting spell early in the morning about a month ago. After the vomiting persisted in 30 minute intervals, we took her to an emergency avian vet who checked her crop and gave her antibiotics. Her crop had no infection but it seemed stomach bacteria was the culprit after an X-ray. After the first issuance of antibiotics hendrix did not vomit again, in fact she stayed with the vet over 3 days and did not vomit. when she returned home, after some antiobiotic treatment, she vomited early in the morning again 2 days later. we took her to emergency who watched her for 5 days again. No vomiting after the first issuance of antibiotics. Antibiotic treatment was fulfilled, and she was not medicated when she returned home. She has been home for about 10 days now and vomited early in the morning once again, a third time. I'm going to take her to emergency again, but I have no idea what could be causing this. I sanitize my room and the cage psychotically and she has not eaten any foreign objects. It is so peculiar she can seem healthy for a bit before acting up, but the second she receives medication seems fine.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello, were the antibiotics the only medicine prescribed? Was she given any probiotics?

I hope your vet can help you get to the bottom of what is causing the problems. It could help to take some photographs of your birds cage, set-up, any play stands, even photos of the room your bird has access to.