• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female between dryboards!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I don't know why she hasn't been back to update us, but I am friends with Cynthia on FB, and I saw where the maintenance man cut a hole at the BOTTOM of the floor by the baseboard, and there was the Budgie! All good, thank God. I didn't want to leave ya'll hanging here! I guess when she went in the hole near the top of the ceiling, she then fell to the bottom, poor baby. The OP has put duct tape over the hole until maintenance patches it up with drywall.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't know why she hasn't been back to update us, but I am friends with Cynthia on FB, and I saw where the maintenance man cut a hole at the BOTTOM of the floor by the baseboard, and there was the Budgie! All good, thank God. I didn't want to leave ya'll hanging here! I guess when she went in the hole near the top of the ceiling, she then fell to the bottom, poor baby. The OP has put duct tape over the hole until maintenance patches it up with drywall.
Thank you for the update!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you so much for the update :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Duct tape won;t really stop a budgie if she had fun in there, They love holes & dark places & she knows where it is & will seek it out. They have radar for that...

I hope they can get something more strong over the hole until they close it. I
d personally hammer a board or something rigid over it. Nail holes can be easily filled up b maintenance & alot easy that cutting a hole in the floor...I was wondering about it as the studs are a channel floor to ceiling by code 16 inch wide but there could be gaps behind the wall or at the ceiling or floor where she could get really deep inside a space & she would be very hard to find.

Glad they found her as I was thinking bout her this morning,,,hoping for th best,,,

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you sooo much for the update. I am really happy for both her and the budgie in question; my experience with Indie had me rally worried but budgies are much smaller than tiels which is a blessing.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Duct tape won;t really stop a budgie if she had fun in there, They love holes & dark places & she knows where it is & will seek it out. They have radar for that...

I hope they can get something more strong over the hole until they close it. I
d personally hammer a board or something rigid over it. Nail holes can be easily filled up b maintenance & alot easy that cutting a hole in the floor...I was wondering about it as the studs are a channel floor to ceiling by code 16 inch wide but there could be gaps behind the wall or at the ceiling or floor where she could get really deep inside a space & she would be very hard to find.

Glad they found her as I was thinking bout her this morning,,,hoping for th best,,,
Furniture comes to mind - anything that blocks that whole area.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I was thinking it was near the ceiling but yes if it was lower...but not duct tape
Our beloved beaked children can & will chew through anything put in front of them - I believe they look at it as a challenge.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Our beloved beaked children can & will chew through anything put in front of them - I believe they look at it as a challenge.
Yes, & they close in on it like a heat sink missile....Penny & this thing she loved to chew. She'd get down of the cage & make a beeline toward it...I finally had to put it in a metal cage to keep it safe,,,, :rofl:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Yep, I can concur about that chewing! When Miss Fiona began chewing on the wood trim at the window sill, I put painters tape down, and she started on that too. I haven't noticed her doing that recently, thank goodness.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yes, & they close in on it like a heat sink missile....Penny & this thing she loved to chew. She'd get down of the cage & make a beeline toward it...I finally had to put it in a metal cage to keep it safe,,,, :rofl:
Sounds just like Dobby, part beaver. He has certain towels covering the chairs he MUST chew. We tell him to knock it off and he takes a few more chomps with a gleam in his eyes. He attacks the soap, trim, bottle caps, and he has plenty of various chew toys to pick from.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny loves cardboard from boxes. Its cheap... She has her calculator roll too. Not big on hard chewing though she did a little decorating on her big pear platform on the edges...Loves paper...Both of mine are no beavers...Rio does not chew much either except some bark on his platforms...They'll pick at there deluxe stainless toys a bit...
Its good as I don;t need a lumberjack around here & there are always plenty of boxes thrown out by the building...I even take the packing paper when there is alot as it makes a good cage paper for the bottom. Last time someone moved from Germany I got a ton of it & have not used any off the roll for months!!!! :dance4:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby chews anything that he can get his beak on. Some cardboard that's clean might not be a bad idea, maybe he could use a phone book.