• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female between dryboards!

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
Today I found one of my birds chewing on a light fixture which turned out to be she was chewing on the drywall around it which they left partially open when they renovated my apartment. They never came back to fix it. So I got her out of the room and closed the door to the bathroom. Later that day I forgot and left the door cracked open. And now she’s nowhere to be found. All the others are here.I’m afraid that she was building a nest in secret. I am worried because I don’t hear anything from her and I’m wondering if she could be lost in the spaces between the drywall. I don’t know what to do does anybody have any answers? She made the area significantly larger while I was away and then I guess crawled in the hole.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Put food in her cage & put it near the hole. Hopefully she can find her way out when she gets hungry. Maybe you can put music on near the hole or a video of a bird calling to help her..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
How did you go? Have you found your bird?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
how big is the hole? How high above the floor? Could you take a picture? You should hear her if she fell down there... If there is room enough you could try slid your phone over the hole so that the camera can see down?
Usually, walls like that are fixed on a wooden frame, the bird could walk away from the area under the hole so try and listen down the whole wall.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You might have to rip out the drywall to find her. I'd really worry about her getting herself wedged in a tight spot and not being able to get out. Have you tried whistling to her to see if you hear anything?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hope we hear an update soon!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Terrifying! I hope the op got her out...
:eek:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
What’s happened? Can you update us?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@meheartbirds I hope all is well and you managed to get your bird out to safety.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
If you have not done anything, I hate to say this but your bird is probably dead and the drywall should/will have to be removed or you will be dealing with the smell. I'm sorry to make this statement but it's probably a reality by now.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Looks like the OP has not been online since posting this thread.....I hope it is because they have been busy helping the missing bird :fingerscrossed:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Studa are 16 in apart. They go floor to ceiling. The sheetrock is screwed into the studs. Theoretcially in a good wall she could not get past the studs unless there was a hole for wires, pipes or electric box etc,,,Whats on the bottom I don't know. There could be a space where she went down into ceiling of downstairs...If maintenance left a hole they should be called in. Its there fault but good luck...They have to cut a section away & look inside,,,Then they need to fix the hole anyway as there could be mice in there...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I keep going back to something that happened w/one of my tiels, Indie. The old house in IL has a (maybe) 2" gap between the vanity and the tub and somehow, Indie got herself stuck upside down between the two. If it hadn't been for a friend of Justin's telling me that he heard a noise in the bathroom and thought we might have a mouse in there, she would have died. She was wedged in so tightly she could just barely flutter her wings a little. Her eyes were already swollen so as soon as I got her out, I held her upright against me and I want to say put a cold compress against her neck and head.

We had a problem w/mice in the house but I couldn't believe that one would be in the bathroom as it isn't exactly a source of food. To this day, I thank God for Justin's friend.