• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feisty Jardine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Everything I read on Jardines suggest they are bossy and feisty...Does anyone find this to be a problem?

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I would describe my Jamie as a big personality in a little package. She is not afraid of anything and will not back down. Our girl is not bitey though.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
That's basically what I've read...Thanks!:)

Iluvemturts

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tracy
I have a Jardine that I've had for 13 years....she is just as you have stated..feisty.
I love this about her. I don't want the idea of her feistiness to detour you from a Jardine.
Feisty is only one quality of Sugars..she's a nut, very comical, loving, a good talker, and curious. She has been a joy to have in our lives.
I have been bitten by her, however I now beleive they were to get me to fly away due to a preceived danger..something I've read that they do to their mates in the wild.

birdergirl

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
Feisty, yes. Bossy, sometimes. But what else would you expect from something with so much personality packed into such a small space? Keiki's high-energy, for sure, and wants things HER way. You just have to know when it's not OK to give in. (Like now, when she's making her most appealing little "peeps" trying to get on my shoulder. What she really wants is to climb down and start chewing on my keyboard!;))

She's frequently got ulterior motives...:hehe:

chucklebird

Meeting neighbors
FEISTY? YES! I can't even touch her...Only my mom can...but boy is he a good talker...he talks a storm all the time...he is a great bird....

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Thanks for the comments, guys! :)I've just got back from a weekend with my parents...my Dad turned 80 today.
Feisty does deter me a little. I have a very bossy and vocal Linnie, although the contact calling has much improved. Thank goodness! I was thinking what will I do with another bird that wants his own way all the time!:rolleyes:

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Have you thought about an eclectus? They are usually described as mellow, etc.

A soloman island ekkie is a smaller big bird. The biggest "downside" is their specialized diet.

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Although this is an old thread I thought I put my 2 cents in. I wouldn't describe my Jardine, Ollie, as being fiesty--I'd rather say bratty and strong willed. He is only 9 months old however, I'm interested in seeing how his personality develops. He had a lot of energy when he was a chick, and he still has bundles of energy. His is very comical, though and he makes me laugh when he flips on his back and plays with is jingle ball.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i have only known 2 Jardines and both are FANTASTIC..Lucky was a bird we kept for 9 months while mom was getting better,she was great went to everyone,never bit or screamed talked up a streak,we now have a Jardines KIWI he is also GRAT has never bit goes to everyone even kids(loves my hubby)and also talks ALOT

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Even when Ollie is naughty, it's impossible for me to stay angry at him for long.

Attachments

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
AWWWW look at that face! Too cute! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.