• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeding question

OpalRaven

Strolling the yard
Hey all!! How much do your Lovies eat? I've got a 3 month old currently on nutriberries and pellet berries, sometimes some seed for variety.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m not sure how to answer the question. I tried to work out +- how much my birds ate before, but I gave up. I offer 1tbsp pellets and 1tbsp seed mix in the pairs cages (except one who have a silo constantly full), my youngest gets 1sp of each. And I offer big bowls of veggies, probably too much, but at least they can rummage around in it and eat as much as they like. If I see the dry food bowl empty I tip out the hulls and refill it. I refill it every morning.
My youngest gets additional veggies before bed, because he loves them so much.
Basically, there´s always food available to them. None overeat and all are active.

Guava123

Walking the driveway
BirdTricks has a video on "The Perfect Portion." Also that diet isn't very good for a lovebird.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
BirdTricks has a video on "The Perfect Portion." Also that diet isn't very good for a lovebird.
Bird Tricks doesn't have all accurate information. And most of us don't like Bird Tricks. Please keep in mind it is their bird and they probably are going to try to give their bird vegetables or sprouts or other stuff.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Sorry :banghead: I didn't mean to say remember this is their bird I meant they probably know their bird should be eating healthy stuff.

Last edited:

Guava123

Walking the driveway
I know, but there is always the chance that they don't know.

OpalRaven

Strolling the yard
I've only had her not even 3 weeks yet. I've been trying various fresh veggies and foods but so far nothing she is willing to try :shrug:

Guava123

Walking the driveway
I've only had her not even 3 weeks yet. I've been trying various fresh veggies and foods but so far nothing she is willing to try :shrug:
What different techniques have you tried? You could make birdie bread, mash sweet potatoes and mix them into vegetable chop, sprinkle millet on top of the vegetables.

OpalRaven

Strolling the yard
So far just various veggies in various shapes and sizes. I did get her to kinda try a banana today by eating it in front of/ with her. I bought stuff to make a chop this week by my grandpa passed away Monday evening after being in icu suddenly last week so my week has not been going well. I think I may also try on a kabob toy since she seems to really like toys