• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeding fresh foods

zhalice

Meeting neighbors
My lovebird really enjoy eating certain types of foods, but I do have some trouble getting her to eat healthier. These include:

1. Picking out certain foods when I mix it together. She especially likes carrots and snap peas. I know carrots are really important for vitamin A, but whenever I feed it to her in her chop, she tends to pick it out and ignore everything else. I have been limiting how much I give her snap peas for this reason.

2. Only eating leafy greens when I hand feed it to her, and only whole. This isn't too much of an issue, but it does mean that she doesn't really get to eat greens throughout the day. She also has a tendency to shred it like she does paper, and not eat most of it. It also limits the variety of leafy greens I can get into her diet.

Do you have any suggestions?

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
  • try making it into a toy
  • birds like to eat things that are yours, eat something and act like they cant have it
  • i found a great video that live laugh birds did (youtube.com/watch?v=x7qGMZhQ6_4) that was helpfull when getting pippa to eat veg

good luck!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Here is a good link: My Chop "Recipe"
There are some tips half way down the page ;)