• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

feeding dishes?

Kimberla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have a little brat Citron that whenever he is mad at me he takes his head and sweeps it across his dry food bowl. Food goes everywhere! I am looking to see if there is a type of bowl out there that he couldn't do this with? He can't lift it up and spill it but he sure can make a mess.

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
maybe one of those silicone bowls for babies that sticks to a surface, doesnt tip but is also rounded so he cant sweep it. I cant say he wont shred it, but maybe it could work. Your citron does sound like a little brat, tell him he is loved XD

Edit: something like this

41HWK2CwKaL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Kimberla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Love your answer! I will definitely tell him he is loved and yes he will destroy it!! Thank you! That made me smile!

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
My umbrella cockatoo does that too. Usually right after I clean her cage, or when she doesn't get her favorite treat in her bowl.
Honestly I think they all do it. My macaw swipes his beak through his food every night.
I'm not sure if there is any way to stop the mess. All part of parrothood :)

Malus

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lena
I have a little brat Citron that whenever he is mad at me he takes his head and sweeps it across his dry food bowl. Food goes everywhere! I am looking to see if there is a type of bowl out there that he couldn't do this with? He can't lift it up and spill it but he sure can make a mess.
Oh my god, Kumo does this when he doesn't want to eat his pellets!! He looks me dead in the eye and then sweeps his head through the bowl and looks back at me like, "Now there's room for seeds...":cool:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_5963.png
That about something like this the mental bowls in the coloured bit and coloured big can’t be tipped I don’t know how safe the silicone is though or if your parrot would chew it just an idea