• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

feeding amount help please

scott199

Walking the driveway
WOW he is a giant.
He certainly doesn't look fat in those two pictures. Crop looks full in the one.
So you think he's ok just a big boy ?

he'd had some veg and such at this point, what does the crop being full mean ?

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
So you think he's ok just a big boy ?

he'd had some veg and such at this point, what does the crop being full mean ?
Basically just finished a full meal that hasn't moved on yet. It's going to be helpful to get a morning weight average, after morning poo and before breakfast. Maybe once a week until you get an average, then once a month.

Ps: He really is a big guy, if I remember correctly 550 is the typical high average. The keel bone will help you/vet tell if the body condition is appropriate. Since the rescue vetted him, and said he's really big, I suspect it's not an overweight issue. It's worth keeping an eye on, and make a point of talking about it on his next vet visit.

Last edited:

scott199

Walking the driveway
Are you any closer to a t-perch or perch you can hold to carry him places? He's making huge progress, but that will help you in numerous ways. (Monaco hates them, but we're getting closer to accepting small towels nearby... Also pipettes/syringes.)

@mythic55 may have some caloric data to gauge his needs vs his activity.
had to do syringe training tonight so I thought I’d video for you.

he was getting a little bored at this point, he was being so good I forgot to record it, but he’ll hop down to the door now when he sees the glass or syringe.

Any comments or advise appreciated, it’s all a learning curve for us

tziporiah

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Now that I am not working I would like to do a chop for my gray and Senegal can somebody give me a recipe and then how much to give them in terms of tablespoons or quarter of a cup not percentage. And do craze require a special shop

Reactions: Ali